Will Blood still work?

Want to spill some blood? Let others know and coordinate here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Would you rather play the current Transfusion, or oldskool Blood multi?

Transfusion
21%
Blood
79%

Total votes: 14
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Will Blood still work?

Post by Slink »

Does anyone know whether we can achieve internet play (in BLOOD not Transfusion) using the latest commit driver? (v1.4?)

Is there some service we can utilize to meet these needs? :twisted:

Thanks

-Slink
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

I cannot answer that poll as I love both ;)
TF is still missing quite a bit, but one thing that ALWAYS bugged me about Blood was no mouse look (or a properly working version)
So my logical answer is both :)

As for the net play, Kali still supports it, but it is no longer free, I believe there are still 30 day trials though.
Last edited by Willis on Sun Apr 03, 2005 09:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Blood has mouselook that stays on and works as well as a build game can allow! :(

Anyway, thanks. Does Kali only support IPX, or does it also support TCP/IP (ala COMMIT.EXE v1.4)?

-Slink
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Yeah, I'm aware Build/Blood supported mouse look, but it was absolutely horrid and non-fluid, which made it unbearable.... and looking up and down with a key was incredibly hard to make an accurate move as well. Build just wasn't made for Z-axis viewing with angles.

commit never truely supported TCP/IP as far as I am aware. It was planned, but never accomplished in the form on ip address connections and ports, though I could be wrong.

Kali seems to have its own version of commit.exe (kommit.exe) which may have TCP/IP -> IPX conversions, though I haven't looked too far into how/if they do that.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Oh, my good men. A terrible question. Your work for the great game is wonderful, but my heart belongs to Blood and Blood alone. I am sure you guys understand. 8)
Cruo
Axe Zombie

Post by Cruo »

Blood, I even built a Blood PC with ISA sound card and everything so I can play the original Blood the way it was meant to be played. And the mouse works fine for me in Blood... Just as well as any modern day FPS. You just have to mess with the sensitivity and other options a little to get it working well.

And yeah you can play Blood on Kali, if you had an old account then it is probably gone, mine was, but you can register a new one and activate it for a one time fee of I think 16 bucks.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

ĐĐ took the words righ out of my mouth, lol, mouth, geddit? :lol:
CtheE

try iC or MSN

Post by CtheE »

There is a program called iC - i believe it stands for Internet Commit Demo - which was a free technology demo allowing Build games to be played over the net via IP addy. It supported Duke, Blood, SW, and Redneck Rampage. As far as two google searchs there isn't a whole lot of info but you can get it here: http://www.bur.st/~duke3d/files/utility/icsetup.zip

Also, MSN games has a system called "ZoneLAN - Direct Play" or something like that. It allows any DOS multiplayer game using IPX to be played over the net -- i think it emulates IPX over TCP/IP
Sgt_BFG

Post by Sgt_BFG »

MSN can do it? nice!
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

Old Dos games online again. Please more info, then time to brake-out carmageddon again.