BloodBath HowTo (Discussion)

Want to spill some blood? Let others know and coordinate here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Great job, Cruaich. :wink:
dhruba.bandopadhyay
Rat

Post by dhruba.bandopadhyay »

Excellent! Shame about dimebag darrell. Pantera were one of the best heavy-metal bands.

This URL/tutorial should be posted to vogons.zetafleet.com, planetblood.com & deathmask.net too. Just to get more coverage & spread the word & get more oldskool Bloodbath players playing again!!!
Doomshadow
Axe Zombie

Post by Doomshadow »

I forgot what a DOSbox is ROFL
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Doomshadow, it's an emulator which runs DOS games and applications that modern computers cannot run. http://dosbox.sourceforge.net
chicken-
Rat

Post by chicken- »

Is there any way to play through himachi using VDMsound instead of dosbox?

I have a friend who has a crappy computer, he can run the game find with the vdmsound method but using dosbox it's too choppy for him.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

No, VDMSound can't emulate IPX network. If you find a way to do that, feel free to share it here. I think you can still play thru IC method if you install Win98 on both computers.
chicken-
Rat

Post by chicken- »

Man that really stinks, dosbox runs like crap unless you have a good videocard etc....my buddy has one of those Dell mini computers that don't even give you an AGP slot to upgrade. But it runs decent enough on my athlon 3200+ ati x800 pro
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

chicken, i can say with confidence dosbox doesn't need a powerful videocard, all you need is a modern cpu.
chicken-
Rat

Post by chicken- »

Well he has like a 1.5GHz or something like that, but its a dell mini system so it only has onboard video.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

On-board video does just fine.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I need 2 good Bloodites to help out testing a network configuration for Bloodbath. Unfortunatly I'm not in the position to do this myself.

Here's the deal: I need at least one of you to be behind both a NAT router and a firewall, this will be the client. The one acting a the server, I need to be able to do a UDP port forwarding. The default DOSBox UDP port is 213, however this can easily be set to any port you like, you just have to specify the port in the IPXNET command, ie.

Code: Select all

IPXNET STARTSERVER 2008
Likewise the client will have to specify the UDP port in their connection string ie.

Code: Select all

IPXNET CONNECT <server's external IP address> 2008
Any takers?
Jiero
Rat

DOSBOX is really slow

Post by Jiero »

I get out of sync with 3 players in a DOSBOX bloodbath...I'm considering trying to help my friends install NetBios protocol on their network connection so that I don't have to use DOSBOX...VDMS is so much smoother. Even with 2 players on DOSBOX I have choppy gameplay, especially when I'm picking up items and when the other player is in my view.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

They REALLY need to implement TCP/IP sharing in DOSBox if they haven't already. Blood plays over TCP/IP flawlessly with like 3+ players (without sound) if I run it in WinXP "DOS Prompt" (not in DOSBox). In DOSBox, it runs great with sound, but there's very limited network support, afaik. I've never gotten it to connect via DOSbox, but then I haven't really tried. ;) For shame, I wither.
Jiero
Rat

Post by Jiero »

Slink wrote:They REALLY need to implement TCP/IP sharing in DOSBox if they haven't already. Blood plays over TCP/IP flawlessly with like 3+ players (without sound) if I run it in WinXP "DOS Prompt" (not in DOSBox). In DOSBox, it runs great with sound, but there's very limited network support, afaik. I've never gotten it to connect via DOSbox, but then I haven't really tried. ;) For shame, I wither.
Have you tried Hamachi? I'm currently trying to get blood to detect a IPX network by Hamachi. Although I'm having trouble with NetBios...I keep getting an error in COMMIT.EXE "Unable to detect adapter status. Netbios not usable"
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Jiero wrote:
Slink wrote:They REALLY need to implement TCP/IP sharing in DOSBox if they haven't already. Blood plays over TCP/IP flawlessly with like 3+ players (without sound) if I run it in WinXP "DOS Prompt" (not in DOSBox). In DOSBox, it runs great with sound, but there's very limited network support, afaik. I've never gotten it to connect via DOSbox, but then I haven't really tried. ;) For shame, I wither.
Have you tried Hamachi? I'm currently trying to get blood to detect a IPX network by Hamachi. Although I'm having trouble with NetBios...I keep getting an error in COMMIT.EXE "Unable to detect adapter status. Netbios not usable"
I haven't but Dustystix (and others) has successfully. There's a thread about it. Search. :)