How often do you BloodBath?

Want to spill some blood? Let others know and coordinate here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

How often do you BloodBath?

Daily
31%
Weekly
No votes
Every few months or so
15%
Back in the day, I use to....
38%
Blood-ba-what!??!
15%

Total votes: 13
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Drakan wrote:God damn it I need to get the internet for my computer... :banghead:

It's obvious games involving two different countries are apparently not to much trouble.

Then again, you fukkers probably won't want to bloodbath me. After playing Zdaemon, a 20 frag limit kind of feels small to me.

(we go up to 50 in a duel :evillaugh: )
We go up to 100. :twisted:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Ghoste wrote:Slink, DosBox emulates IPX over TCP/IP. Why do you need TCP/IP? I guess most Dos games are IPX-compatible.
Very true. It's just that I remember there being Sync problems with Blood over IPX that I NEVER saw with TCP/IP. :)

DOSBox is supposed to release a version with TCP/IP implemented as well as IPX. Sorry for the off-topic disscussion.
:offtopic: -Slink
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

But BLOOD doesn't use TCP/IP either way so it doesn't matter.

As for the sync problems.... I don't know but my COOP/Bloodbath sessions were pretty damn smooth.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Dimebog wrote:
Drakan wrote:God damn it I need to get the internet for my computer... :banghead:

It's obvious games involving two different countries are apparently not to much trouble.

Then again, you fukkers probably won't want to bloodbath me. After playing Zdaemon, a 20 frag limit kind of feels small to me.

(we go up to 50 in a duel :evillaugh: )
We go up to 100. :twisted:
JESUS CHRIST! :shock:
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Well, let's face it - ZDaemon fragging gets old after 10th kill. It's just one thing repeating over and over - and BLOOD is fresh all the way. We only stop playing because of the delusion that there are more constructive things to waste your life on.
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

among the living great masterpiece!
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Um... aside from maybe the over-use of the double-barrel shotgun, how does Zdaemon get old? Must be just me but I enjoy it just as much as any other solid game for Deathmatch.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Drakan wrote:Um... aside from maybe the over-use of the double-barrel shotgun, how does Zdaemon get old? Must be just me but I enjoy it just as much as any other solid game for Deathmatch.
It's great but with time it starts to look like a turn based RTS in first person mode. Imprecise or precise attacks will mame you or kill you, so the one who survives the round, is dying next, because in most maps players spawn waaaaay too close for comfort. And there are never any health pickups nearby to quickly regenerate back to 100%. So technically, if you have two players of a same level of skill, the winner will be the one who draws first blood. Well, not quite always, but you get the idea. It's the same thing over and over again - I kill you, you kill me, etc. I suppose it just needs more imaginative and balanced maps.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Hehe, not to get back on topic or anything

Finally got a game going with Mr. Willis.

Granted he was handycaped by the archaic keyboard mouse configuration. and he found out my TNT weakness towards the end. I look forward to a rematch!

He's threatened me with my life should we ever meet on a TFn server.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Dimebog wrote:
Drakan wrote:Um... aside from maybe the over-use of the double-barrel shotgun, how does Zdaemon get old? Must be just me but I enjoy it just as much as any other solid game for Deathmatch.
It's great but with time it starts to look like a turn based RTS in first person mode. Imprecise or precise attacks will mame you or kill you, so the one who survives the round, is dying next, because in most maps players spawn waaaaay too close for comfort. And there are never any health pickups nearby to quickly regenerate back to 100%. So technically, if you have two players of a same level of skill, the winner will be the one who draws first blood. Well, not quite always, but you get the idea. It's the same thing over and over again - I kill you, you kill me, etc. I suppose it just needs more imaginative and balanced maps.
And in ZDaimen in particualr, respawning items. Lack of health is one thing, but lack of ammo to restore? That's just absurd.