vdmsound with kali

Want to spill some blood? Let others know and coordinate here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Digital Angel
Rat

vdmsound with kali

Post by Digital Angel »

I got blood to work perfectly without sound, and without buildxp over kali. And I mean perfect, no glitches, lags, anything.

When I ran it with the vdmsound version (kali doesn't use the shortcut, it just uses the settings in the blood setup, soundblaster, irq 7 etc..from buildXP).

It works for a bit, and not to bad, but then suddenly it freezes altogether on all computers. Sounds is there, the powerup guns still spin, but neither player can move.

So I tried a few things. I made that batch file with the dosdrv in it and blood works great (sound and everything) with that. So I tried turning that batch file into an exe, then I made kali point to that new exe.

When starting a network game, the computers saw each other, started up dosdrv, but the blood game was actually just like...well....a blood game. No network, it just went to the main menu. Kinda peculiar.

I'm basically just wondering how to get kali to run dosdrv first before it points to blood.exe from kommit.

Thanks.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Have you run commit 1.4? (uses tcp/ip)
-Slink
Digital Angel
Rat

Post by Digital Angel »

Yeah, I've run version 1.4, I always get the same netbios not working error.

Tried everything, all tcp/ip settings correct, proper network, internet connection..netbios enabled...it should work but it doesn't.
Digital Angel
Rat

Post by Digital Angel »

Oh sorry, I forgot that my internet went out before I posted this.

I used the himachi + dosbox technique. Even with vdmsound, it runs flawlessly in bloodbath. Doesn't even lag, as if playing a real game. (Well, on my weaker computer, u can tell it's a little worse, but nothing u would really spend time noticing)

I think it's the build of dosbox that's great (provided on this site), the last one i had had terrible configurations everything slow. blood runs great with no sound problems, I probably could run in higher resolution, but I honestly don't see the difference between 800x600 and 320x200 when I play, so it doesn't bother me.

The himachi thing is great, I even got old mr Boom to run network (old version of bomberman), a few years ago I actually installed a netware server to try to get blood to just recognize ipx, which it did, but failed anyways when playing.

anyways....himachi + dosbox + vdmsound = blood to perfection. Thanks guys!

I don't think I need kali anymore, i only used it for blood, i'll just wait till the trial wears off.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

why vdms with dosbox?
Digital Angel
Rat

Post by Digital Angel »

Well, I meant the vdms settings from buildxp. the settings in setup.exe

Originaly I just had AWE 32, and other default blood settings. The sound was choppy when caleb said the longer phrases. With dosBox this still happened. So I tried dosBoxing the buildXP version (cli2nop, sound blaster) and it worked very very well.

I'm not positive, but isn't the whole vdms thing for making blood being able to work with the sound blaster card?

EDIT: Well now that I look at it...I reverted my sound settings back to the defaults and it sounds fine I guess. Idk, I guess the main reason now is that I use it with vdms when single player and dosbox with multi. with vdms for single cus it runs a little faster (tiny stutters, not really bad at all)off of dosbox (especially in full screen), and with dosbox in multiplayer cus i can't get commit to work w/o dosbox