New Clan! TLoZ

Want to spill some blood? Let others know and coordinate here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ransu
Cheetah

New Clan! TLoZ

Post by Ransu »

Me and my best friend have been in this clan for a long time but have never really done much in it. So I decided to add Blood and Blood 2: The Chosen to the forums so I could get some of you all to join!
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Clan_TLoZ/index.php

And it says it's a Player Connector clan because it was originally a DOOM clan but we're extending it to be part of more games! I could use everyone's help with keeping this clan alive! Also, you can get Player Connector from www.playerconnector.com

I'm calling this a new clan because I just added the Blood games so it's new to Blood.
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

lol "Clan The Legend of Zelda" or does it have another meaning here???
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

It's The Legend of Zelda, my best friend is the leader and he's a big Zelda fan so he made a clan with that name.
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

:shrug: no supprise there
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Aw come on, no people? :( I have a Blood and Blood 2: The Chosen sections on the clan forum site. :) I promise we'll do Bloodbaths often! :twisted:
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

I will join your clan when you persuade the guys to edit the BLUDV2.WAD to work on a legacy Doom 2!
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Legacy DOOM 2? Do you mean DOOM Legacy?
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Nah I mean original Doom 2. With no jumping or up/down looking. :P
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

darrell_dimebag_tribute wrote:Nah I mean original Doom 2. With no jumping or up/down looking. :P
"Legacy" tends to be misinterpereted. You can say, "oldschool". I prefer the retarded spelling, "oldskool".
-Slink

Referring to the following post, NO, I mean ()|_|)$|<()()|_, |3!+¢|-|=Z!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
Last edited by Slink on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

You mean oldsk00l??
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Ok I posted to the guy who made it: http://forums.newdoom.com/showthread.php?p=502787
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Mate, if you scroll up on that page, you will see that some guy "Dimebog" posted there. :) And that is actually me.

The link the guys gave me didn't want to work with original Doom 2, so I didn't want to hastle them with my "request" anymore. Psyren perhaps does not remember, but I even sent him an eMail a while ago, since on his page I saw something that I understood as a hint that BLOOD port on Doom 2 is possible.

Anyway, I gave up hoping that it is will be done, and in the meanwhile I realised that I'm not really enjoying the port itself mainly because levels look like a Doom/BLOOD hybrid. E1M1 starts nicely and then :shock: ! And level order is not there... and what not. Mostly the easily achieveable features (such as fathfull level design, level order, music) are not there, though they did a tromendous job on the artwork. So I find myself kinda torned. Seems like die-hard Doom fans like to do mods, but they are never willing to give it up to create something "else".

And of course, their goal was different. They wanted to make something interesting, while I just wanted to see a BLOOD ported to a cell-phone platform! Theres Doom, Wolf3D, and AnotherGuest had even made a full Duke3D port for S60v3 phones. BLOOD ported to original DOOM2 means that people can run it on their cellphones and even enjoy multiplayer features.

EDIT: BTW, I will join your clan. Maybe I even get a Wii and try the new Zelda game, and maybe I even get hooked!
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

So Link isn't a lefty anymore? :?
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

darrell_dimebag_tribute wrote:EDIT: BTW, I will join your clan. Maybe I even get a Wii and try the new Zelda game, and maybe I even get hooked!
Nice! :D
Slink wrote:So Link isn't a lefty anymore? :?
Well, he isn't in the new Twilight Princess game but we're making him a lefty in our Total Conversion for DOOM 2. :wink: