I decided to try TF beta with a more up-to-date version of DarkPlaces. I downloaded the latest DP (darkplacesengine20060518beta1.zip), I moved the old DP stuff (transfusion.exe and all of the DLLs) to a backup folder, and I unpacked the latest DP to the TF root dir. I started the SDL version, the "Loading..." sign appeared on the screen, the demo playback started, but I noticed the crosshair disappeared. Then I pressed "Esc" for the menu, but I only get this:
Then the demo reaches the stage when Caleb opens the door ("Open for business!"), and the engine crashed. No error messages. SDL generated the stderr.txt, it's here:
Code: Select all
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
The non-sdl version makes the same things expect it's completely locks up my machine at the door opening.