Some beta 3 bugs and adjustments.

This is the place where information regarding beta releases will be. Discussion about bugs, changes, or questions should be posted here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

RottKing
Axe Zombie

Some beta 3 bugs and adjustments.

Post by RottKing »

Beta 3 is a great step up from Beta 2, with a lot of stuff fixed/added, but there are a few things I think need a little adjustment:

1. The Tommy gun secondary fire needs to shoot more bullets when it fires from side to side, as it is now there's only like 5 or 6 bullets that get spread when it's being fired.

2. The shotgun primary fire needs to be speed up, the pause after you fire one barrel is a little slower than the original Blood's.

3. TNT physics are a little wonky, when you throw it it falls sharply, and a max power throw doesn't go very far. Also the TNT model doesn't rotate and flip around in mid air like it used to.

4. The right click drop for TNT/Aresol Can is slow, in the original Blood you could drop 4 or 5 of them before they exploded, as of now you can just barely get to 4 before they explode.

5. Player movement is a tiny bit sluggish, the jumping is a lot better though.

6. The Life Leech doesn't shoot as many projectiles as it used to.

If these are already being worked on my bad. :o

As for bugs:

1. I talked to Willis about this on IRC, but it'd probably be good to post it here too. When throwing TNT, proxies, spray cans, etc through windows they explode or bounce off of air. For example, in E1M1, when you blow up the front of the building and try to throw TNT through the gaping hole the TNT just bounces off air, it also happens a lot in Click!, Dead Simple, and a lot of other levels too.

Great job with beta 3 guys, keep up the good work, and I hope I don't p*** anyone off with this post :o
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

One thing I'll add is alternate fire for life leech drops the century then does also does and alternate fire for the weapon that replaces it.

And yes, TNT throwing physics need a lot of work.

Winter Wonderland also still has some huge clipped textures in it spanning many rooms (pretty hard to miss).

And a lot of levels need to be changed from fire to use key activation, don't have a detailed list atm though.
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Re: Some beta 3 bugs and adjustments.

Post by Kazashi »

RottKing wrote:Beta 3 is a great step up from Beta 2, with a lot of stuff fixed/added, but there are a few things I think need a little adjustment:

1. The Tommy gun secondary fire needs to shoot more bullets when it fires from side to side, as it is now there's only like 5 or 6 bullets that get spread when it's being fired.
I don't know how easy this will be to fix, I seem to remember there being some issue with being unable to make it shoot fast enough due to code limitations. But I don't think this has been looked into for quite some time now.
2. The shotgun primary fire needs to be speed up, the pause after you fire one barrel is a little slower than the original Blood's.
Damn, I knew I forgot something! I had modified the shotgun code on my build, however it was overwritten by the updated progs from the CVS. Oh well, it can be modified again.
3. TNT physics are a little wonky, when you throw it it falls sharply, and a max power throw doesn't go very far. Also the TNT model doesn't rotate and flip around in mid air like it used to.

4. The right click drop for TNT/Aresol Can is slow, in the original Blood you could drop 4 or 5 of them before they exploded, as of now you can just barely get to 4 before they explode.
Issues for whoever decides to tackle the code. I actually can't remember what these weapons were originally like now, which is why we have people like you to keep track ;)
5. Player movement is a tiny bit sluggish, the jumping is a lot better though.
This is still something that needs to be tweaked. The game actually has a few physics and motion-related commands to play with - for example, give "sv_friction x" (where x=0 to 10) a bit of a play around and see if you can get a better feel.
6. The Life Leech doesn't shoot as many projectiles as it used to.
See points 3. and 4.
As for bugs:

1. I talked to Willis about this on IRC, but it'd probably be good to post it here too. When throwing TNT, proxies, spray cans, etc through windows they explode or bounce off of air. For example, in E1M1, when you blow up the front of the building and try to throw TNT through the gaping hole the TNT just bounces off air, it also happens a lot in Click!, Dead Simple, and a lot of other levels too.
We have been able to replicate this. At a guess I'd say it's an issue with the collision boxes, but as I often state I am not a coder, so I can't look into these things.
Great job with beta 3 guys, keep up the good work, and I hope I don't p*** anyone off with this post :o
Nah, I'm not p*** off at least. One of the reasons for releasing a beta, other than to appease people with Blood goodness, is to pick up all these things which can fairly easily get past playtesting, especially when the actual team is so small.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I heve already fixed the clipping issue with Winter Wonderland, but for some reason now the weapons have all disappeared, I should have it fixed soon.

I have found a bunch of small things with most maps but again, I'm not going to do any changes unless all the entity names etc...are finalized cause I really dont want to change them anymore :)

As for the Beta..... Some of the stuff I have noticed.. ( I'm sure I have mentioned these before but we will need a coder to fix)

1. The CTF mode does not work...also, red entities are actually blue entities and vice-versa...Very confusing :o

2. The CTF flag models are gone again

3. Translucent brushes dont work again for some reason. (Example: Lair of Shail map's spider webs) Also, I think translucent water should be set to some type of default value in the game config cause it looks really good when it's working and very bad when it's turned off by default.

4. The multiplayer scoreboards really, really, really need work. It's almost impossible to tell whats going on. :D
Toddd
Axe Zombie

Post by Toddd »

In "Twin Fortress" are some invisible walls that make it impossible to enter certain rooms.

And as postet before: The big gibs don't leave blood trails anymore. Only the small from shotgun- or tommygun shots leave blood trails, but when you gib someone with the dynamite the big gibs don't bleed in the air and on the ground.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Hello! Your favourite Bloodite here.

A small problem with Transfusion to report:

In the Transfusion Forum Index, in the Beta Discussion discription, you write "regaurding".

This is incorrect spelling. It should read "regarding"

Pleasure to be of service.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Ðædalu§ Ðeathmask wrote:A small problem with Transfusion to report:

In the Transfusion Forum Index, in the Beta Discussion discription, you write "regaurding".

This is incorrect spelling. It should read "regarding"
bah, symantics
fixed, now how about some feedback on the beta ;)
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Glad to see you appreciate my opinion, Willis!

As mentioned before, my connection sucks and I'm not certain on how to start up Transfusion. This also rules out multiplayer, of course!

Call me lazy, I guess...
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Too lazy to extract a zip and double-click an exe? You're worse than me!
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I promise I'll download it and play it when you guys have completed The Way of All Flesh.

But I warn you Willis. When it comes to Blood I am impossible to please. I will criticise Transfusion into the ground.

Perhaps it would most wise to just ban me from downloading it now, before I can play it.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Perhaps it would be wise for you to DIE! I mean, keep criticizing TF until you die... ;) As long as your critical statements are correct and accurate, I love you. So does the rest of TF. ;)

Wait, now who doesn't love ÐÐ? :D

-Slink
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

Well, firing the sawed off once, then getting shells, lets you fire the sawed off two more times without reloading it.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Thanks Slink! Not much of a response though, which confirmed my beliefs :cry:

Soon, my friend, I shall give a report on Transfusion... and it won't be pretty.

Dying won't stop me. :wink:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

CheapAlert, good call, if you are not talking about first doing a secondary fire... ;)
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

It's the primary trigger. Say you're running along a path of shell boxes firing the sawed off

IT JUST CAN'T STOP