Page 1 of 1
Question about server
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 05:02 pm
I try to make my own dedicated server but it doesn't works:
This is my .bat : transfusion.exe -dedicated +map bb1
I want to make an EU server. Help me if you can...
Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 04:09 pm
46 views and no answer
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 02:27 am
server listening on address 0.0.0.0:26000
0.0.0.0 is not a real addy
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 08:08 am
I may be able to help, but I will definitely need more info for that.
- What version of Transfusion do you use?
- Did you build the binary yourself, and if it's the case, from what sources?
- Do you have a firewall on your machine?
- What do you exactly mean when you say it doesn't work? You are unable to connect to it with a remote client? Did you try with a local client too?
- When did the "LHNET_Read: recvfrom ..." messages appear? Are they the results of failed attempts to connect to the server by remote clients, for instance?
- If you type "status" then RETURN in the server window, what does it print?
Also, I don't think that the message "Server listening on address 0.0.0.0:26000" has anything to do with your problem. As far as I know, it's perfectly normal.
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 09:24 am
- I use Transfusion 1.05 beta2]1.05 beta 2
- I have Livebox
- My local server works like a charm but when i try to launch a dedicated serv with this .bat : transfusion.exe -dedicated +map bb1 this window
opens right away.
Maybe the problem is here: couldnt exec maps/bb1.way
I'm going to check the "status" in the server window
Thx for your help french mate!
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:07 am
when i try to launch a dedicated serv with this .bat : transfusion.exe -dedicated +map bb1 this window
opens right away.
I'm not sure I understand the problem. The fact that the dedicated server only spawns this ugly DOS box is perfectly normal. There's no shiny user interface to it. If you want to play on your dedicated server, you need to run a non-dedicated executable on another machine (or on the same machine but using a different network port), and then connect to your dedicated server with this client.
Is this little explanation helping you in any way, or did I completely misunderstand what you meant?
And for the record, "couldnt exec maps/bb1.way" is just a warning that the server hasn't found preconfigured waypoints for the bots for this map. It shouldn't cause any problem.