Transfusion 1.05 beta

This is the place where information regarding beta releases will be. Discussion about bugs, changes, or questions should be posted here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Transfusion 1.05 beta

Post by Kazashi »

The Transfusion Project is happy to announce a new release. This is the beta version of 1.05, which we hope will eventually be polished into a full replacement for 1.01.

Grab the file from here: http://www.transfusion-game.com/files/b ... 5-beta.zip

Now this is what you may consider a proper beta - pretty much everything that the final 1.05 will have is in here, save for some extra maps and model updates. We would like your help in hunting down bugs and omissions, so your feedback will be appreciated (and expected :guns: ).

Some potential questions you might have:

What is this 1.05 version all about?

1.05 will be an intermediate release, containing many of the improvements of version 1.1, but without any of the single player aspect therein.

Where is the single player?

The single player game is still planned in future release, such as Transfusion 1.1. However, it has been a long time since any kind of release, and there are plenty of updates that have been made over time which would benefit multiplayer action, such as improved network code and player physics.

What happened to all the maps?

The maps which have been included have been recompiled using the q3bsp format, and have been cleaned up along the way. While many of the maps from previous releases will still work with Transfusion 1.05 it was decided to include in this release only the maps which have been converted and are running well. There will definitely be more maps available down the track.

What other clients will I be able to connect with?

It should be entirely possible to connect with clients using Transfusion 1.1, however anything previous to 1.05 will be incompatible.

Will it be easy to patch 1.05 to future releases, like 1.1?

Yes, we are hoping to make the process of patching easier. This hasn't been a big concern with the beta releases, but with final releases it should be as simple as adding a few extra files.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Gonna play now, then post to i3d about it.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Keep in mind this is just a beta release, and there will be patches followed by an actual official release.

The main reason for release is to regain a common public testbed to base upon.

I have put up a server, you can connect to deathmask.net to play
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

This new version does the same thing as the earlier versions: Changes the resolution then has a window come up saying that it has encountered an error and needs to close. It must be my computer. Maybe after I get my 1 GB of RAM and GeForce 7600GS, this will work right.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

DOOMLancelot wrote:This new version does the same thing as the earlier versions: Changes the resolution then has a window come up saying that it has encountered an error and needs to close. It must be my computer. Maybe after I get my 1 GB of RAM and GeForce 7600GS, this will work right.
What video card to you currently have?

Try running from the command line:
transfusion +developer 100 -condebug

and post the qconsole.log file here.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

SiS 760 and how do I run with that command line? Step by step please? :?
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

start -> run -> cmd.exe -> cd to your tf directory
transfusion.exe +developer 100 -condebug
it will hopefully create a qconsole.log file in your basetf folder.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Sorry if it's kinda long but here it is:

====== Log started (Fri Apr 27 01:14:19 2007) ======
^7checking for glStencilOpSeparate... OpenGL extension "glStencilOpSeparate" is missing function "glStencilOpSeparate" - broken driver!
^7OpenGL extension "glStencilOpSeparate" is missing function "glStencilFuncSeparate" - broken driver!
^7checking for GL_ATI_separate_stencil... not detected
^7checking for GL_EXT_stencil_two_side... not detected
^7checking for GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object... not detected
^7checking for GL_ARB_shader_objects... not detected
^7Cvar_SetQuick({"gl_texture_anisotropy", "1", 1073741825, "1"}, "1");
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Unfortunatly, from what I can tell, the SIS's opengl driver is incapable of the features the Darkplaces engine requires.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Yeah I knew it. I'll be getting my upgrades sometime soon maybe.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Hell yeah! Finally!

Grats!
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

First impressions:

I don't know if it has something to do with my computer (i guess it does), but:

- Game runs choppy on any resolution (unlike previous versions)
- I can only see the dynamite weapon model, other weapons don't show
- Crouching doesn't work
- The good old Quake [ROLL] angle when strifing is still there :(
- When trying to host a game, and choosing the desired map, there is three options: Blood 1, Blood 2 and Custom... Switching between them is done by using right arrow to get from Blood 1 to Custom, and left arrow to move back to Blood 2 or 1. But if i press the left arrow while Blood 1 is selected, or right arrow while Custom is selected, the game crashes and CPU Usage rises to 100% and my HD starts making nose as if I were trying to copy 10Gb of data somewhere. And it takes me 15-20 minutes to successfully terminate TF.

:(
mortenoesterlundjoergense
Axe Zombie

Post by mortenoesterlundjoergense »

darrell_dimebag_tribute wrote:When trying to host a game, and choosing the desired map, there is three options: Blood 1, Blood 2 and Custom... Switching between them is done by using right arrow to get from Blood 1 to Custom, and left arrow to move back to Blood 2 or 1. But if i press the left arrow while Blood 1 is selected, or right arrow while Custom is selected, the game crashes
It also happens on my computer using transfusion-glx.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

darrell_dimebag_tribute wrote:First impressions:

I don't know if it has something to do with my computer (i guess it does), but:

- Game runs choppy on any resolution (unlike previous versions)
- I can only see the dynamite weapon model, other weapons don't show
- Crouching doesn't work
- The good old Quake [ROLL] angle when strifing is still there :(
- When trying to host a game, and choosing the desired map, there is three options: Blood 1, Blood 2 and Custom... Switching between them is done by using right arrow to get from Blood 1 to Custom, and left arrow to move back to Blood 2 or 1. But if i press the left arrow while Blood 1 is selected, or right arrow while Custom is selected, the game crashes and CPU Usage rises to 100% and my HD starts making nose as if I were trying to copy 10Gb of data somewhere. And it takes me 15-20 minutes to successfully terminate TF.

:(
Weapons and crouching won't work properly if you are connecting to a server that is not 1.05beta

As for the menu crash, looks like I forgot to modify 1 simple line of code, it will definatly be fixed in the first patch if I don't do a simple binary update sooner.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

wow the flare gun is slow and the tommygun fires a bit too fast :( and the sawed off reloading animation is too sticky :( Maybe an animated framerate higher than 10 frames per second on viewmodels would be useful

I hope you guys get the 'big fiery boom' sprite and sound in, because it's important to tell the difference between shroom fire and incendiary fire.

I think the flare gun projectiles and impacts have looked the same for way tooooo long and too exaggerated.