PHL April fools joke

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

*stabs this thread just because he felt like doing it*

Yeah slink, I finished it. And I still think it sucks.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Slink wrote:Yeah. You only have to do it once, and it isn't that much personal info. They don't solicit, in case you were wondering, and they constantly update bugs and stuff. It is cooler than you might think. I kinda thought it blew at first too, but it is worth it for the game.
Just becuase it's easy dosen't mean it's right, often that's what makes it so seductivly wrong! Have some integrety man, the next thing you know, you'll be expected to fill out an address form each time you buy a movie or music CD as well.
Slink wrote:It is an experience that I am glad I have had. MAYYBEEEEEE you should give it a try. ;)
Sorry, I just don't swing that way.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Before I joined TF, I was considering making a Blood mod for HL1. :D
-Slink

EDIT: The menstual chunk that was the April Fools joke of PHL is no more.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I guess for me I played HL, liked it, played quite a lot of CS, realized years later that it's really not as good as it is widely considered to be, got HL2 anyways, liked it at first, eventually got boring and decided it's the same thing.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Necrosis wrote:I guess for me I played HL, liked it, played quite a lot of CS, realized years later that it's really not as good as it is widely considered to be, got HL2 anyways, liked it at first, eventually got boring and decided it's the same thing.
Yeah. I was playing CS: source. Runs like balls on my PC, and my connection ping is avg 50, would be great in many games, but is s*** in CS. :( And the game is so bunk, you get owned all the time if stuff doesn't like you. You know, stuff. :( -Slink
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Well, I finished Blue-Shift abd am now playing Opposing Force. PLEASE tell me it gets better as it goes on, because so far it feels more like the original so far.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Cruaich wrote: Just becuase it's easy dosen't mean it's right, often that's what makes it so seductivly wrong! Have some integrety man, the next thing you know, you'll be expected to fill out an address form each time you buy a movie or music CD as well.
And that's when they can ***w me.

About OpFor, it is a bit corny also, but there is more versatility. Wait till you get the nifty teleporter gun! (Hint: only use the second attack.) The new weapons are way better. They aren't all new, but you should get/enable the hi def pack.

I have to admit, I think the end of HL was even worse than the end of HL2 (which was obviously a cliffhanger.)

I never played Blue s***.

Guys, HL is another genre of game. You don't get credit for wasting everyone, you don't get credit for anything, except staying alive. So the crowbar is BS and the weapons are bunk. If you want the Hi Def model pack, you can get it from Blue Shift, or if you have Steam, you can enable it here: http://www.jan-ripper.de/articles/steam_hd/index.html
That helps to make it a bit less ***king stupid. I find HL monotonous in comparison to OpFor, but that is me. Different people like different s***. It just seems like people seem to rally against HL just because of Valve. HL is an original, that didn't originally suck.

-Slink