Stalaggh - the purported true horrific ambient band

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator » Mon Sep 12, 2005 07:49 am

Gila wrote:i'm gonna go listen to zz top!
I got a girl, she lives on the hill.
She won't do it but her sister will...

:lol:

Good old ZZ Top. :D
new era
Rat

Stalaggh new track

Post by new era » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:35 am

When searching for Stalaggh with Google I came across this forum topic. I work for the label that was insane enough to release Stalaggh. Here's a new sample of Stalaggh's latest work:

http://www.uploading.com/?get=M4EGFWS7

If you have questions about Stalaggh, you can always ask us.
scirmast
Cultist

Post by scirmast » Tue Dec 13, 2005 01:48 pm

GAAH!!? Damn, I was so hopeful when I heard you say ambient, but this is more of noise than ambient. Anyway, it's somewhat fair to not get them to play live if they use real mental patients :)

\o/ I listened the whole "song". :D

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2005 02:28 pm

scirmast wrote:GAAH!!? Damn, I was so hopeful when I heard you say ambient, but this is more of noise than ambient. Anyway, it's somewhat fair to not get them to play live if they use real mental patients :)

\o/ I listened the whole "song". :D
Their first cd 'Projekt Nihil' is more ambient and atmospheric. Their later work is more noise. They call it "Misanthropik Nihilistik audio-terrror" themselves.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:06 pm

Hmm, that s*** sounds like it would be on the record player in blood, level e1m2. :) You guys should listen to Frank Zappa. :) And Ween!
Wrim
Cultist

Post by Wrim » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:09 pm

I can beat this!

My own creation:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=264217

Look next to this img:
click lo-fi or hi-fi.
new era
Rat

Post by new era » Wed Dec 14, 2005 07:56 am

HaHaHa, that's funny to hear you imitate Stalaggh. Although you don't even come close to the intensity of their sreaming. There's no passion or insanity in your screams.
Wrim
Cultist

Post by Wrim » Wed Dec 14, 2005 02:19 pm

Aw... I guess I'm not evil enough then. :cry:
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 02:43 pm

If you at least write a song and thrash out to it about Caleb's life and ways, you'd f*** rock. 8)
Wrim
Cultist

Post by Wrim » Wed Dec 14, 2005 03:43 pm

I'm on it. 8)
Hey, maybe I'll use the cultist language...
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 03:47 pm

Wicked! :D
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow » Thu Dec 15, 2005 07:22 pm

new era: welcome to the board, glad to see others took notice of this post.

What is the label you work for? Its been a long while since I read that interview with... whoever it was that responded to Metal Maniac's emails.

I gave the mp3 you left on uploaded.com a brief listen, muted slightly. Ill give it a proper listen when Im at home (at work at the moment). Pretty good sounding stuff for their aims, whatever they may be. Im always on the lookout for sound that really captures a mood or perception well, whether it be positive or negative.

Ive received a lot of disparaging comments from others simply for bringing up Stalaggh because "theyre obviously doing it for the attention", which is potentially true but more likely a silly notion since if any of whoever is involved attempted to "cash in" on such, even in just a social format, it would dispel the entire image. Of course one must always wonder if they actually get mental patients for their recordings, or if we are just dealing with some particularly talented vocalists who are choosing a different route, circumventing the over-beaten path that is traditional black metal (you know, the tr00 necro kvlt kind).

I guess Stalaggh has succeeded in their mission thus far, in that to me, from what I have heard, their recordings, it sounds like a little tiny snippet of the actual Hell.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow » Thu Dec 15, 2005 07:27 pm

Wrim; Ive wanted to do something rather evil and heavy, doing low growls of the cultist language (which when I think about it, sounds like some of Behemoth's stuff). I have expanded the Cultist language a bit to have more "evil" of a vocabulary... Ive got it somewhere on my hard drive back home.

BTW that brief session you did, are you sure you didnt come across a The Darkness fan trying to cover a Cradle of Filth song ?

Im much more of a low growler, think Deliverance era Opeth, little bit lower. I pride myself in my screams (though theyre not as much of abject horror and anguish as they are mourning personal revelation or yada yada yada something else). Im in the mood for some Bloodbath now.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth » Thu Dec 15, 2005 09:10 pm

seriously, noise bands are just noise. a pathetic excuse to consider oneself to be an artist. apstract art f*** it all up. no need to actually work on anything, just smear some s*** together and bam, you got yourself an art. s***. people seeking actual quality moments in a bunch of cacophony filled noises are deluding themselves.
new era
Rat

Post by new era » Thu Dec 15, 2005 09:12 pm

scar3crow wrote:new era: welcome to the board, glad to see others took notice of this post.

What is the label you work for? Its been a long while since I read that interview with... whoever it was that responded to Metal Maniac's emails.

I gave the mp3 you left on uploaded.com a brief listen, muted slightly. Ill give it a proper listen when Im at home (at work at the moment). Pretty good sounding stuff for their aims, whatever they may be. Im always on the lookout for sound that really captures a mood or perception well, whether it be positive or negative.

Ive received a lot of disparaging comments from others simply for bringing up Stalaggh because "theyre obviously doing it for the attention", which is potentially true but more likely a silly notion since if any of whoever is involved attempted to "cash in" on such, even in just a social format, it would dispel the entire image. Of course one must always wonder if they actually get mental patients for their recordings, or if we are just dealing with some particularly talented vocalists who are choosing a different route, circumventing the over-beaten path that is traditional black metal (you know, the tr00 necro kvlt kind).

I guess Stalaggh has succeeded in their mission thus far, in that to me, from what I have heard, their recordings, it sounds like a little tiny snippet of the actual Hell.
Hails! I work for New Era productions and we've released the first Stalaggh 7" single and the projekt nihil digi-pack (projekt Terrror has been released by Swedish Total Holocaust recs).
Yes, they really do use mental patients for their recordings. Before we signed Stalaggh it was hard for me to believe it, so before we released anything from Stalaggh we checked everything. And how extreme and unbelievable it may sound, all they say is true. We would never sign some fake band. Mentally sane people could never scream/moan like that. The drawing inside the digi-pack was drawn by one of the mental patients a few months before his suicide.
We and Stalaggh never made any money with the releases, so we're certainly not cashing in! How the hell could such extreme 'music' ever be commercial? Stalaggh have a mission to spread their 'audio-terrror' and we release their stuff because we find it highly original and one of the few 'bands' that actually make you feel miserable when listening to it.