Stalaggh - the purported true horrific ambient band

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Stalaggh - the purported true horrific ambient band

Post by scar3crow »

http://horde.se/~thr/Projekt%20Terrror.mp3

thats the only mp3 i can find to any of there stuff
the group claims to use only mental patients for the "vocals", they do not rehearse anything and refuse to use any melody or rhythm - they do not rehrearse anything, they have no defined roster, and will not play live ever.

Im wary of hearing the full track, I never have any problem with darkwave or whatnot, but this stuff did... touch something. After browsing around online, a lot of other people feel the same way.

MetalManiacs did an interview with an unnamed individual who answered the contact email... and at the end of the interview the magazine made a disclaimer that they in no way endorse the writings, practices, beliefs, or recording methods of Stalaggh. This is coming from a magazine who has no problems interviewing and publishing Varg Vikernes.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

That V.V. guy - isn't he the murderer of Mayhem's leader?
I may be wrong, as it was many years ago, but I seem to remember it's him.
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

Varg AKA Count Grishnak of Burzum??

( I have odd music tastes)
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

thats the one - they have no problem interviewing him but they put a disclaimer on these guys
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Yeah, that's strange considering how worthless piece of crap that Burzum is.
By the way - is that guy still in jail?
I think he's supposed to stay there until he dies, but I'm not sure.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

:shock:

*twitches a little*
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

he gets out definitely within a few years, his sentence was reduced quite a bit due to good behaviour.

by the way the disclaimer isnt regarding the quality of music, but the lifestyle choices the artists in question made - whoever Stalaggh is, MetalManiacs felt it neccessary to state that they actively do NOT endorse them, whereas they have no problems not having such a disclaimer on any other bands, convicted murderers or not.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Necrosis - Exactly

I had to leave my apartment after listening to it, and thats just a sample... its 34 minutes long in the full release.

It reminds me vividly of some of the possession scenes from The Exorcism of Emily Rose... in a very real sense, not a "oh thats like from the movie"
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

erm, i liked it.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

scar3crow wrote:he gets out definitely within a few years, his sentence was reduced quite a bit due to good behaviour.
:shock:

Right. The other guy is dead for eternity and his murderer gets out and is going to have a life.
And this is justice...
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

predator wrote:dead for eternity
Roffle'd.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

I wasnt speaking of justice, I was using the person that is Varg, who gets no disclaimer or warning from the magazine, while being a convicted murderer - while Stalaggh gets one and no one even knows who they are.

Just so you know, Varg did receive the maximum sentence in Norway, 21 years. But hes apparently been cooperative and on good behaviour so the sentence has been reduced - however whats more alarming is his incredibly civil behaviour in prison, his obvious intellect and calculation - and the fact that he has no remorse over the murder.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

You should try "Spiked Karpet" if you like this... now that's f*** up.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

scar3crow wrote:I wasnt speaking of justice.
Yeah, I know. I was just very surprised to hear he's going to walk out.

Anyway, personally I thought Mayhem were a lot better band than Burzum (well, B was never really a band, just one preson project).
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

I found this to be messed up simply due to the sheer anonymity, and the audacity of its claims... A convicted murderer who at 16 killed his mother, and a mental patient who suffered from anorexia nervosa and later killed himself after the recording.

Predator - Ive never been a big fan of Mayhem or Burzum, what with being a practicing Catholic. I didnt get much out of Mayhem's music, and even if I did, I would not endorse them through even the downloading of mp3s.

Ill stick with Immortal when it comes to black metal, good ol blastbeats about the massive powerful mountains.