Stalaggh - the purported true horrific ambient band

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

*stays out of this for having no knowledge of it except this following comment.*

I like Shred. Particularly Buckethead. That is all.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

I gave With Teeth plenty of time, and it still is... radio rock with the occassional synth interlude.

I just cant get past the bad vocals ("uh-with-uh-teeth-uh!") and the drum lines that sound like a bad disco band covering Bloodhound Gang (granted one track does have some neat drumming... i think it was 2 or 3 on the cd) nevermind the fact that his lyrics seem to have gone downhill... granted The Fragile was still angsty, but things like The Way Out Is Through showed a little maturity... but "there is no you there is only me there is no f*** you there is only me" and "no longer concerned, about fitting in with the world... your world that is. no it doesnt even matter no it doesnt really matter anymore".

I just expect a bit more depth in writing from someone whos not only twice my age, but has written significantly better before. What really clinched it though was the first singles release... it got a lot of radio play. And my friends who know what a huge NIN fan I am, werent aware it was NIN. They mistook it for other songs on the radio - The only thing to differ it from most Nickelback songs is that there is a synth present.

There are a few decent tracks on the album, but not enough to warrant a purchase... With Teeth is simply gumming the teet of pop-rock.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I know the former drummer of NIN. :)
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

ok, i liked it.

but wait for re-mixes :P
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Chris Vrenna ?
Ive got one of the drumsticks he snapped while recording for Tweaker signed by him.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

remixes cant save bad lyric writing and bad singing

unless its the sort of remix where you take one element and completely reinvent the song into something else...

all i know is The Hand That Feeds was mashed up with Toxic by Britney Spears, and sadly enough... it worked.... better.
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

hmm, i have to find that

Closer to Spice worked too

Spice Girls - wannabe / CLoser - nin
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

My parents told me he's the former drummer for NIN, I didn't hear that directly from him.

The last name is Atkins, forgot his first name. (Don't see him too often, am friends with his kids.)
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

Wow. That was.... boring. It sounded like a bunch of preschoolers snuck into a recording room while the musicians were on a break. As someone who doesn't follow industry insights (for any music really), it sounds more like posturing on the part of the band, with the use of anonymity and disclaimers like it's something never done before. Yes, I can pretend to be a mental patient too.

I'm sure some people out there will be impressed....
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I still stand by that it is f'in creepy.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Going to listen to it soon and go into it with an open mind. Expect a report soon.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Bear in mind it is a sample, of a 34 minute song, thats meant to be listened to in one sitting... so well, a sample kinda almost defeats the point.

Kazashi - based upon personal experience... those sounds at the very least do an excellent job mimicking emotional torment, if they arent real.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

All right! Listened to it alone and in the dark.

Hmm... quite a load of bollocks. There is no musical talent. In fact, this is not music.

However! I stress that these screams, although probably fake, some of them hit a chord in me.

But yes... garbage.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Well considering they stated they went out with the intention of making anti-music, of disavowing melody and rhythm, then mission accomplished.

Its not music in any measure - its sound.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

it's a load of crap. there are many good noise bands out there, among the industrial ones, and some coil albums show that. anyway yes, about cradle - too childish. and not only them.

as far as with teeth goes, well, f*** it, i liked it. it's kinda simple and stuff, and when i first heard it, i was "what a letdown". then i started tabbing the bass on it (out of boredom) and i was instantly hooked. again, it's simple, but it sounds neat, maybe not as 'noisy' as downward spial, but what the f***, i like it all. and yes, i know it's radio rock or something. the thing is, i would choose with teeth over nickelback/maroon5/s*** anyday, cuz it's still much better. and well, nin were always pop/rock band. trent just did too many drugs and tried to make tds album 'very noisy' and that confused people into thinking "OMG NIN IS INDUSTRIAL".

ah, screw it all, i'm gonna go listen to zz top!