Stalaggh - the purported true horrific ambient band

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

User avatar
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 06:22 pm
Contact:

Post by scar3crow » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:31 pm

Ah okay, I was thinking of Total Holocaust but wasnt for sure. What other stuff do you guys release? The only site I could find was under construction and didnt look like the type of place that would host such a project.

I'll take your word for it, simply because the recordings are quite torturous and miserable. Ive been in moments of misery on a mental level and during those times have released very unique cries that I have never been able to reproduce when feeling even slightly normal.

Yeah, it doesnt strike me as a profitable project anyways, even for metal standards (though aside from being extreme I dont see the link to metal, aside from the metal genre being a bit more open to such things).

I made the original post here on this forums simply due to the fact that stuff like Stalaggh strikes me as the serious side of what drove Monolith to make a game like Blood, and thought the games fans could relate. Unfortunately few have. Nonetheless, I still think it touches upon a nerve, however Blood touches upon a fictional fascinating one, and Stalaggh is more of a horrifying nerve that you become morbidly curious about.


mouth; noise bands are just noise, thats why they call them noise bands. However if they are doing it for the sake of being "an artist" and not for the sake of creating something they get something out of, then I see them as no different from a hippie drum circle with a guy who knows 3 chords talking about peace while stoned, or a pop punk group.

I wouldnt say its seeking quality moments in a bunch of cacophony, cause its not oriented around quality, particularly in this groups aims. True it is quite likely many are deluding themselves, but some do seek a certain level of misery for experience. Id say Stalaggh is one of the better ways to do so, because it seems honest but also controlled (its called Pause). Just because youre not shooting for a grammy doesnt mean youre shooting for a museum entry as being revolutionary, and vice versa. It is a recording of people screaming. Some get something out of that.
new era
Rat
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:18 am

Post by new era » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:55 pm

scar3crow wrote:Ah okay, I was thinking of Total Holocaust but wasnt for sure. What other stuff do you guys release? The only site I could find was under construction and didnt look like the type of place that would host such a project.

I'll take your word for it, simply because the recordings are quite torturous and miserable. Ive been in moments of misery on a mental level and during those times have released very unique cries that I have never been able to reproduce when feeling even slightly normal.

Yeah, it doesnt strike me as a profitable project anyways, even for metal standards (though aside from being extreme I dont see the link to metal, aside from the metal genre being a bit more open to such things).

I made the original post here on this forums simply due to the fact that stuff like Stalaggh strikes me as the serious side of what drove Monolith to make a game like Blood, and thought the games fans could relate. Unfortunately few have. Nonetheless, I still think it touches upon a nerve, however Blood touches upon a fictional fascinating one, and Stalaggh is more of a horrifying nerve that you become morbidly curious about.


mouth; noise bands are just noise, thats why they call them noise bands. However if they are doing it for the sake of being "an artist" and not for the sake of creating something they get something out of, then I see them as no different from a hippie drum circle with a guy who knows 3 chords talking about peace while stoned, or a pop punk group.

I wouldnt say its seeking quality moments in a bunch of cacophony, cause its not oriented around quality, particularly in this groups aims. True it is quite likely many are deluding themselves, but some do seek a certain level of misery for experience. Id say Stalaggh is one of the better ways to do so, because it seems honest but also controlled (its called Pause). Just because youre not shooting for a grammy doesnt mean youre shooting for a museum entry as being revolutionary, and vice versa. It is a recording of people screaming. Some get something out of that.
So far we have released:

1) Stalaggh vinyl 7" limited to 300 sold out
2) Mordaehoth "Bloedwraak-verdoem al 't christelijk leven" cd (Dutch Pagan metal. sold out
3) Stalaggh "Projekt Nihil" cd digi pack limited to 1000 sold out
4) Botulistum / Domini Inferi split vinyl 7", limited to 500 sold out
5) Weltbrand "Radiance of a 1000 suns" cd, (with Funeral Winds members)
6)Mordaehoth "Balder" tape sold out
7)Mordaehoth "Hate sessions" tape. sold out
8)Stalaggh "Projekt Terrror-a visualization" DVD, limited to 50 sold out

We don't have a website (talking about being uncommercial ha ha). When we were commercial we would have released the Stalaggh DVD in a lot more than only 50 copies!!!
User avatar
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 06:22 pm
Contact:

Post by scar3crow » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:50 pm

Lacking a website is pretty uncommercial, a friend of mine runs an online net label thats uncommercial, just basically promoting his friends music. It started out darkwave, though you sadly wont find any of that stuff on there anymore... its moved into ambient-electronica with mild mild dance influences. The first 2 albums were under false Epiphany and were fairly creepy. The other stuff is at www.circa1984.com

So yeah considering he is completely free and does have a website, thats pretty underground.

I assume that catalogue is basically black metal and noisecore then? Mordaehoth certainly looks like it judging by the name of the album on item 2.
new era
Rat
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:18 am

Post by new era » Fri Dec 16, 2005 08:20 am

scar3crow wrote:
I assume that catalogue is basically black metal and noisecore then? Mordaehoth certainly looks like it judging by the name of the album on item 2.
Mordaehoth plays Epic Pagan Black metal with Dutch lyrics in the style of early Graveland. Really great music!
User avatar
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 06:22 pm
Contact:

Post by scar3crow » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:01 am

I love sub sub genre names like that.

Lately Ive really been in the mood for technical stuff and rapid leadlines, Necrophagist, Sonata Arctica, Children of Bodom. I know that stuff is basically mainstream pop compared to say Stalaggh, but Im a sucker for technical fast things. Though Id like to see more bands branch out amongst the sub genres... Id love to hear a technical black/death metal band not be afraid of prog, or grindcore, and bridge it together with extreme ambience and darkwave. Create a world of sound, musical and non-musical, as opposed to some bizarre genre loyalty which seems to cripple rather quickly.
new era
Rat
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:18 am

Post by new era » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:57 am

scar3crow wrote:I love sub sub genre names like that.

Lately Ive really been in the mood for technical stuff and rapid leadlines, Necrophagist, Sonata Arctica, Children of Bodom. I know that stuff is basically mainstream pop compared to say Stalaggh, but Im a sucker for technical fast things. Though Id like to see more bands branch out amongst the sub genres... Id love to hear a technical black/death metal band not be afraid of prog, or grindcore, and bridge it together with extreme ambience and darkwave. Create a world of sound, musical and non-musical, as opposed to some bizarre genre loyalty which seems to cripple rather quickly.
If you're looking for technical BM with industrial ambient influences you should really try the Weltbrand cd we released.
Here's a link to a review:
http://www.vampire-magazine.com/album_r ... iumph.html
User avatar
mouth
Acolyte
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 08:33 am
Contact:

Post by mouth » Fri Dec 16, 2005 01:20 pm

The only black/death metal I've been able to listen to is Opeth, cos they're quite unique and very progressive. Also, their acoustics rule. And 'Damnation' is hardly a death metal album.

To those who are interested in noise bands, I've uploaded this one song:
http://www.influidsoftware.com/11sk.mp3

Band's name is Spiked Karpet, and they're anything but normal and sane.
User avatar
r_cain
The Drinking God
Posts: 863
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 09:24 am
Location: Back-of-Beyond,UK

Post by r_cain » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:19 pm

www.coldspring.co.uk


they sell mucho noise and all sorts of 'different' music

also

www.coldmeat.se

check Atrium Carceri - they be sample tunes - very atmospheric
Abstraum

Post by Abstraum » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:01 pm

There appear to be a large number of stick bundles using this forum. How on earth can you say that a projekt of true insanity reminds you of a 'possesion from 'the exorcism of emily rose.' You clearly have no understanding of what this music is reaching and portraying. And yes Varg Vikerness did receive a life sentence.
User avatar
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 02:22 pm
Location: Among The Living
Contact:

Post by Dimebog » Sun Jul 23, 2006 07:29 pm

Abstraum wrote:There appear to be a large number of stick bundles using this forum. How on earth can you say that a projekt of true insanity reminds you of a 'possesion from 'the exorcism of emily rose.' You clearly have no understanding of what this music is reaching and portraying. And yes Varg Vikerness did receive a life sentence.
Before bashing some board member you should log on first. This way you make it seem like some 8-year old googled for some sissy "music", and droped in on some forum, and clicking "Post reply" button, not even knowing the name of the board, let alone what it is about. Otherwise, if you don't like something, just ignore it.
User avatar
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 06:22 pm
Contact:

Post by scar3crow » Sat Jul 29, 2006 03:31 pm

Clever attempt at saying "bundle of sticks" there.

I can say it reminded me of that because I felt the film treated the scenarios fairly accurately based upon my own experiences - and thus my statement could be considered a compliment towards the sensation the music generates.

But something tells me you just want to feel superior in your ridicule.
new era
Rat
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:18 am

Post by new era » Mon Jul 31, 2006 05:45 pm

Image

STALAGGH - "PROJEKT TERRROR - A Visualization" DVD is Now Available!

This DVD Displays the Unease of What Has Been and What Will Be...The Nihilistic Emptiness Raging in Your Mind. Visions of Thought Induced Plagues Lead You Through a Maze of Inner Torment and The Struggle to Grasp It....EXISTENCE IS FUTILE!!

- Full Menu
- The "PROJEKT TERRROR" Video
- The Full "PROJEKT TERRROR" Album with visual
- A New STALAGGH Track
- New Track: Misanthropik Nihilistik Audio Terrror I: By Xardas
- New Track: Misanthropik Nihilistik Audio Terrror II: By Xardas

Labels/Distros get in contact with me for Trades/Wholesale Prices, strength1971@yahoo.com . www.autumnwp.com
_________________
Autumn Wind Productions
www.autumnwp.com
User avatar
Seymour
Axe Zombie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 05:21 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Seymour » Sun Sep 17, 2006 03:19 pm

lol.
Some catholics here and still listening black metal stuff.
well, that´s cool for me.

But why didn´t anyone give reply to their political views?
I mean, come on, these burzum guys are f*** fascists and racists to the bone.

I prefer the lith blood themes. ^^
Post Reply