Blood2 being a BLood-y pain!

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

r_cain
The Drinking God

Blood2 being a BLood-y pain!

Post by r_cain »

Howdy

I've been tring to get blood2 working (stuck with win2k atm, so blood ain't gonna work).

Why only realproblem is that the menu's go black. The game looks fine,but i can't change the key-config. Very annoying.

I've tried patching it as far as i can, any ideas?
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

The screen isn't actually black, it just goes flickering. The easiest way to set the keys and stuff is to run game in soft.ren(choose in display setup) with low resolution.
To get rid of the problem I used the advise once posted on forums.planetblood:
Go into the your Blood 2 folder and click on the file called autoexec.cfg it will be a notepad file go into it and type anywhere on the left handside "MaxFps" "30"

Now if you don't wana type it in everytime you play blood 2 also do the same to the defaults file in the folder

now click on blood 2 and you know that box comes up with different options click on Advanced and tick these options
Disable directX 6 commands
Enable optimized Surfaces
Enable poly gap fixing (slower)
Enable triple buffering
and tick Always specify these command-line parameters just to be on the safe side but don't type anything in the command-Line box

Now turn on blood 2 and bring up the console by pressing ' after about a maximum of 5 seconds or more the screen should flash turn the console off and the menu doesn't flicker and blood 2 will be absoutely fine you have to do this everytime when you launch blood 2 you don't have to do it when you go on the next level i mean turning on the console but it's only for 2 seconds
This worked just fine with me.

PS: If someone will consider this reply containing spam, advertising links or any other illegal information, please, feel free to delete this.
Best regards, Hellen.
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

Thanks, i'll try that.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

wow, people still have that problem? amaizing :shock:
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

F*cking Nvidia :lol:

But i know lots of people who just gave up on playing B2 because of that. And the fact that Atari doesn't acknowledge Blood, so there's no tech support.
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Not me. Not me gonna give up playing Blood even if this is Blood 2. Forgive me for that is my sin...
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

you are forgiven. how's đđ doing, btw? :)
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

ÐÐ is healthy. Thanks for your concern. :)
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Damien_Azreal wrote:F*cking Nvidia :lol:

But i know lots of people who just gave up on playing B2 because of that. And the fact that Atari doesn't acknowledge Blood, so there's no tech support.
now now, don't blame nVidia, it was Microsoft's DirectX screw up.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

OK, maybe, but it caused problems only on various kinds of GeForce cards. I've never had this problem on any Radeon by ATI or even on my old TNT2 ultra (nvidia).

Post by Guest »

predator wrote:OK, maybe, but it caused problems only on various kinds of GeForce cards. I've never had this problem on any Radeon by ATI or even on my old TNT2 ultra (nvidia).
This is not true. I myself have had problems using a TNT1 until I had discovered how to prevent the bonus effect™.
anon

Post by anon »

Anonymous wrote:
predator wrote:OK, maybe, but it caused problems only on various kinds of GeForce cards. I've never had this problem on any Radeon by ATI or even on my old TNT2 ultra (nvidia).
This is not true. I myself have had problems using a TNT1 until I had discovered how to prevent the bonus effect™.
I had the same problem, changed to a ati card => problem gone.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Same here.

My old PC... GF FX 5600 Ultra... Blood 2 doesn't work.

My current PC, Radeon x800... Blood 2 works. :twisted: And most people that have this problem runs GeForce cards, so i just blame Nvidia. :D
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

well i had some issues with that before, but its just tto wait a few minutes and its all fine and dandy again ^^ i even got the Expansion for blood 2 =D and its REALLY confusing and not so verry good planned either
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Story wise? Or gameplay wise?