Blood2 being a BLood-y pain!

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

story wise, gameplay was half bad >_>
death_tank
Rat

Post by death_tank »

How do you bring up the console by pressing ' ? Is that the right key you use at the main menu?
DMSO12
Rat

Post by DMSO12 »

Hi - this fix worked for me - I'm running a DualCore 3 ghz machine with Geforce 8600 and 2 gigs of RAM
Hellen wrote:The screen isn't actually black, it just goes flickering. The easiest way to set the keys and stuff is to run game in soft.ren(choose in display setup) with low resolution.
To get rid of the problem I used the advise once posted on forums.planetblood:
Go into the your Blood 2 folder and click on the file called autoexec.cfg it will be a notepad file go into it and type anywhere on the left handside "MaxFps" "30"

Now if you don't wana type it in everytime you play blood 2 also do the same to the defaults file in the folder

now click on blood 2 and you know that box comes up with different options click on Advanced and tick these options
Disable directX 6 commands
Enable optimized Surfaces
Enable poly gap fixing (slower)
Enable triple buffering
and tick Always specify these command-line parameters just to be on the safe side but don't type anything in the command-Line box

Now turn on blood 2 and bring up the console by pressing ' after about a maximum of 5 seconds or more the screen should flash turn the console off and the menu doesn't flicker and blood 2 will be absoutely fine you have to do this everytime when you launch blood 2 you don't have to do it when you go on the next level i mean turning on the console but it's only for 2 seconds
This worked just fine with me.

PS: If someone will consider this reply containing spam, advertising links or any other illegal information, please, feel free to delete this.
Best regards, Hellen.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Sounds like a decent gaming rig. ;)
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

probably blood 2 have lots of errors with every windows ...
this is how its build. :o
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Caleb_2k wrote:well i had some issues with that before, but its just tto wait a few minutes and its all fine and dandy again ^^ i even got the Expansion for blood 2 =D and its REALLY confusing and not so verry good planned either
You mean the Nightmare levels? I did not find it all that confusing, but hopefully this can clear some stuff up for you: http://blood.wiki-site.com/index.php/Bl ... are_Levels