Copyright infringement

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

icecoldduke
Axe Zombie

Copyright infringement

Post by icecoldduke »

Red Sector from 4pockets has made a blantant copyright infringment on code from the Build engine, along with the JonoF port(possibly from WinBlood as well), allong with remade textures from various retexturing projects. Read about it here:
http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/s ... art=1&vc=1
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

interesting...
but those guys at the 3d realms forum were exaggerating a bit. cmon, ut model turned into a sprite! gimme a break :roll:
And most of the textures they describe as "probably stolen from this, or probably stolen from that"..
i'm not justifying anything but let's face it, there's a lot of texture making programs out there, how hard is it to create something similar to doom/duke or whatever?
and there WERE more blatant copies of other games before in terms of stolen sounds/textures/sprites.
that pulse rifle slightly modified doom shotgun? that comment sucks ass, it looks nothing like doom shotgun, how the hell would he know how it was created... :roll: nag nag nag...
oh, and they recognized a build engine! get that, they recognized! make a 2d/3d engine, slam some similar/usual textures and bang! it must be build!
I made a 2d/3d engine once, they would probably assume it's build cos it has what, textures?
icecoldduke
Axe Zombie

Post by icecoldduke »

Ill give you the pulse rifle one, but it is odviouslly the build engine, based on the graphical error's and engine layout(which is described in the above link). The door in one of the screenshots is definetlly a copy.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

yeah, it's possible.. perhaps if i saw the game in action.
yeah i agree with the door part (+ other textures that i've recognized).
yeah, they should burn in hell. :twisted:
Daedolon
Cultist

Post by Daedolon »

mouth wrote:i'm not justifying anything but let's face it, there's a lot of texture making programs out there, how hard is it to create something similar to doom/duke or whatever?
Or you might want just to take a closer look at the screenshots and the original games, trust me.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I looked at the thread and many of its posts. Most of what they said is true. I, myself, have recognized many of those textures and sprites. I hope that team gets their heads out of their asses.
-Slink