What kindof music do you guys like?

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

What kindof music do you guys like?

Post by Damien_Azreal »

I'm bored out of my skull, so I figured why not make a thread?! 8)

I was sitting here playing Shadow Warrior earlier and with my stereo going I started thinking. What do the other guys listen to? So, here's the thread. :D

I'll start...

Usualy I stick with more of a rock type music. From classic stuff like AC DC and the like, also some punk and metal type music. Almost any type of metal I'm into. I also like some clasical music. But here's some of the band sin my stereo right now...

Nirvana, Slipknot, Static X, System of a Down, Dark Lotus, Green Day, Beethoven, Marylin Manson, White Zombie and one of my fav bands.... Insane Clown Posse.

So what do you listen to?
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Typically rock, but like my taste in movies, the music I listen to is quite varied.

Punk rock is often fun to listen to, I love Green Day.
Slipknot is one of the few hardcore groups I like... some of there stuff is just... well, I don't know how to explain it. I still think Wait and Bleed would a great song to play Blood to!

On the other side of the rock spectrum, I like 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Seven Mary Three, Default, Incubus, etc...

Linkin Park has no true category, but they are great as well. They are quite original, which is a rarity in music now days.

And of course, I grew up country, so I love old country music. Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Sr., the good old stuff.

Music I don't really care for:
new country (its just turning into bad rock)
techno... I just don't get it I guess, there are a few good songs, but the majority I don't like
and scream metal that has no point. Screaming can be a great form of music, but a lot of what is out there is just screaming for the sake of making noise it seems.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Can't go wrong with Johnny Cash.

I also like a good portion of jazz/blues though I never get to know the artists, it's just whatever they play on the radio at night.

Some stuff I currently have on my play list:

Koop, Supreme Being of Leisure, Bonobo, Miles Davis, Soul Coughing, Ruby.

Gorillaz, Skindive, NIN, Melissa Ferrick.

Monster Magnet, Machines of Loving Grace, White/Rob Zombie.

There have been a few good Anime soundtracks; Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, both have really good tracks.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

i can't stand any pop cuz it's damaging to my ears. i can't stand all the 'new-metal' bands (generally system of a down, korn, bizkit, papa roach, linkin park, etc), cuz playing several riffs over and over in lower guitar/bass tunings doesn't excite me... i used to like some of that stuff long ago though.

right now i'm into:

the beatles
ministry
revolting cocks
john lennon (couple of early albums)
beatallica
coil (some albums)
massive attack
misfits
skinny puppy

some of:

doors
deep purple
led zeppelin
jethro tull
queen

the reason for so many "oldschool" bands in my list is that i'm well er... self-learning bass guitar and new bands don't offer any challenge (except if it's slipknot with some lowass tunings or mudvayne with some insane stuff) and the above bands had really great s*** going in those days. very great and melodic, etc.

cowboy bebop, man... love that movie. except faye, she's an annoying bitch. with horrible english english dubbing. the ost is 50% crap as far as i'm concerned (out of what, 11 or 12 total cds), but has some neat bebop jazz tunes.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

First of all classical music - it's by far the best.
Second - rock and metal, mainly old school metal. That's because I used to be a metal fan as a teenager. Nostalgia... :lol:
Third - very different and weird music like Sacred System - Bill Laswell's project.
Daedolon
Cultist

Post by Daedolon »

Hmm, I don't think bands like Aborym, Dødheimsgard, Thee Maldoror Kollective, Anaal Nathrakh and ...and Oceans will ring a bell?

Mostly I love to listen to all the different industrial/cyber blackmetal bands, even though the offerings are pretty scarce. Apart from that, I listen to few doom metal bands like Shape of Despair, My Dying Bride and Esoteric. Generally I'm much into progressive music and metal, to name a few names: Diablerie, Mr. Bungle, Opeth, Faith No More, Porcupine Tree, Fantômas.

Of course then there's the all-time favourite, X Japan, which plays (or played) an interesting mixture of mellow ballads and rock, I really recommend anyone to listen to their 29 minute masterpiece, ART OF LIFE (in case you can find it anywhere).
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Let's see...
Me to be the greatest Bad Religion fan. I love this band, I also love their side projects: Greg Graffin's "American Lesion" and Brett Gurewitz's "The Daredevils". Bad Religion still remains #1 in my fav. list.
Then:
AFI, NOFX, Green Day(old albums, maybe), Dead Kennedys (Jello Biafra the one and only!), The Offspring (for fun, yeah, now just for fun :))
Some finnish bands for you consider me to be "the truest gothic girl":
Nightwish, The 69 Eyes, Stratovarius ...
Also:
Black Sabbath&Ozzy, Kiss, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Lake of Tears, Guns'n'Roses, some of Guano Apes, some of Marylin Manson, some of Rage Against the Machine...
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

I'm a rocker myself, and i've listened to a lot of different genres so far...
Well, here's some of the stuff I like:

Queen, Satriani, Eric Clapton, AC/DC, Guns 'n Roses, Jethro Tull, John Lennon, Nazareth, Slade, Sweet, Simon & Garfunkel, Johnny Cash, The Beatles, The Doors, Rage Against Machine, Hopesfall, The Who, Van Halen, Steve Vai, U2, Elton John (his earlier rockish era), Buena Vista Social Club, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Mike Oldfield, Green Day....

I used to listen to a lot of nu metal and all sorts of metal as well (Slipknot, Korn, Hopesfall, Deftones....), as well as rap (Geto Boys, NWA, early Eminem, Snoop Dogg...). Damn, I've been everywhere :)
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Cruaich wrote:I also like a good portion of jazz/blues though I never get to know the artists, it's just whatever they play on the radio at night.
Yeah, I love jazz and blues, its just fun music, was in jazz band in high school for a while... though I listen to it about the same as you, don't really know a lot of the artists/groups, but you really don't need to.

And I can't believe I left NIN out of my rock list ;\
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

And I can't believe I left Deep Purple out of my list...
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I listen to Blood's music.
Cruo
Axe Zombie

Post by Cruo »

I'll listen to anything and learn to like it, I'm just a fan of music.

My favorite genre though is Classic Rock.

I am also into "fantasy" metal. Like Man o War and Rhapsody.

Nirvana is my favorite band though I'm not a fan of grunge music.

GnR is one of my favorites also.

I am also a fan of Antonio Vivaldi's work.
Dopefish
Axe Zombie

Post by Dopefish »

I like many different types of music, but at heart, I am a fan of classic rock/metal and classic-styled rock and metal.
Jon Krazov
Axe Zombie

Post by Jon Krazov »

As a paraphrase od some French king (I guess Ludwig XIV or XVI), I could say: "My playlist is me".
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Yes, it was Louis XIV, also called The Grand King and The Sun King.