existence in a post Trump universe

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

N0t_mINe
Acolyte

existence in a post Trump universe

Post by N0t_mINe »

And no, this isn't a political argument.

The whole world just changed because of a US presidential election. I hope each of you, no matter your backgrounds, finds themselves in a better position in the coming 6 months than the fates have you and yours in right now. Something tells me we'll all be needing some good distractions in the coming years. Hopefully Blood will benefit.
Last edited by N0t_mINe on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VGames
Acolyte

Re: existence in a post Trump universe

Post by VGames »

We're going to be absolutely fine and better then before this last awful 8 years and even before the awful Bush administration. Life is about to get a bit easier for us working class. Sadly the moochers will have to actually get a job and work for a living. Oh well. I guess we all got to grow up at some point.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

I hope your positive outlook is rewarded v games, although faith in one man has burned many before. Doctrines and ideology supposedly fix everything, at least until we discover it's the people who are broken. At that time we'll face a world where the best intentions coupled with the most proven techniques are not enough, indeed, have never been enough. Then it's the anger and outrage that take over. Note how today, it is the leftists who are the secessionists, while less than a decade ago it was the rightists that openly spoke of leaving.

There are forces at work behind the scenes here folks. People who have only the most selfish intentions are in control I'm sad to say. And these intentions, if revealed, would be rejected by all.

Enough, it time to quote the much abused W. B. Yeats,

The Second Coming

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Source: The Collected Poems of W. B. Yeats (1989)

EDIT: Succession has little to do with seceding, and every good subject deserves a predicate.
Last edited by N0t_mINe on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Good poem.

The thing about Trump is that he doesn't need anything from this. He doesn't need money, he doesn't need power, he doesn't need fame or an amazing legacy. He's already got all that and more. He's not even gonna take the full salary for being president. He's gonna take a dollar from it just to appease the law. Why? Because he doesn't need it. Times are in for a big change in the US. Trump is the slap to the face of the liberal left that they've been needing for a long time. And he's also a slap to the corrupt right. Something they've been needing too. He's not a republican or a democrat. He's an independent in the republican party. He owes nothing to anybody. He just wants this country to be prosperous like it was 20-30 years ago.

The end is near folks. And the Word says clearly that this country will turn back to God as it once was in the end times. That time has started. Trump may not be the greatest president ever, but he'll a least put us in the right direction for greatness. Let him get into the White House next year. Things are gonna get shaken up.

And as for the "protesters", 70% of the arrested ones didn't even vote. Most are being bussed in and paid to march and riot. They are not the left. They are the confused radical left. Not even the real leftists support them. It's gonna be funny when they accomplish nothing and realize it.
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

@VGames
Bubba, Trump has got a narcissistic personality disorder, he's a terrible businessman, he didn't even write his own memoir, he only told his followers what they wanted to hear in order to get elected, he can't even keep track of every promise or boast he made, most of his promises are based on reactionary irrational nationalism, he's already forgetting his promises, and you think this guy is going to help make things easier for the working classes and go after moochers? Besides that, you also go on a old school Presbyterian sermon about how Trump will bring the country back to God, and you think he''ll make the country great according to what you think it was 20-30 years ago? Dude, I respect you as a modder and a Blood fan, but... you're beginning to sound more like a Cabal fanatic who believes that the Dark God will make the world a better place by gorging the world of its precious blood, and that those hapless civilians don't deserve to have life essences stored in their bodies. Although it's nice to see that Trump has messed with the Republican party somewhat, I don't think he'll accomplish what you hope he will do. I only hope as he forgets his self-righteous boasts, he might be more liberal than he let on about himself. Unless you're hoping for some kind of libertarian equivalent of the Cultural Revolution in China, I don't think you'll be able to rewind American history back to a time where you think it was the greatest. When I hear people talk about making America great again, I remember the onslaught of the Member Berry addicts.

That's all I want to say. I don't want to be a political reactionary, and I hope you don't think that I'm trying to give you a hard time. I've already had my fill of political debates with the crazy guys at the Duke4.net or the Doomworld forums, I know how tough it is to deal with difficult people you disagree with. It's hard to find a game forum where there isn't a group of right-wing reactionaries or just plain difficult people who always want to pick fights, and boast about how they're tougher and more honest than any other person or any liberal in all of American or the whole world. Sorry for ranting. These kinds of situations just brings out my inner Beowulf.

@N0t_mINe
By the way, N0t_mINe, excellent poem choice. Were you an English Major too?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

@BEAST : lol, no, if I had a degree I would certainly have more money.

I feel like the Wells character in No country for old men trying to explain Anton Chugaur at the protagonist's bedside.
"No, you do not understand. "
Friends, we know from the Podesta emails that Trump was literally chosen by the DNC and the Clinton campaign based on his weakness against Clinton. Think about that for a moment, would you have felt the way you did, for or against Trump, If a willing media hadn't Colluded with the DNC?

This and this alone, is actually worth marching in the streets for.

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Your President elect, hate him or love him, is a dummy plug candidate. His entire drone like purpose is to provide the legitimacy of a fairly fought election to someone who probably couldn't win such an election on her own.

BEAST, Vgames, why does this not disgust you?

The beneficiary of all this decided to make her concession speech wearing royal purple, the color of monarchy.

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

In what I'm sure you think is totally unrelated, there are 4 Ageis crusiers in the med along with a number of other US ships. Ageis equipped vessels are lethal because of the 90 odd missile tubes each carries, tubes that can launch cruise missiles, antiballistic missiles, or anti ship missiles as the mission requires. It has been estimated that the US flotilla has enough fire power to overwhelm the somewhat dense Russian defense systems now in Syria. The Russians might be able to retaliate with nukes, but that's all. They cannot project any more conventional force than they already have.

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

So that's it. Our nation, with all her faults, has embraced total evil to maintain power in the world. Is this worth killing for? Is this worth dying for? And yet others, who gave up on this country long ago, have decided in our names that it is worth killing and dying for.
Last edited by N0t_mINe on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

EDIT: double post from above
Last edited by N0t_mINe on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Don't be so negative about the situation. Like I said Trump may not be the best president ever, but he's got things moving to the right and that's good. Now the left won't be so far left, Bernie/Hillary. The dems now know people want right wing policies. They'll have to adapt if they ever want a chance in office again. This benefits us all as a country for our future elections.

I'm happy. And to say he's already backtracking on his promises is too soon to tell. This may all be a way to calm the liberal storm going on in the country. Give him 6 months then we can tear him a new one if he's failing.

Agreed?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Sorry I can't get rid of the double post. On my phone all the buttons are Chinese characters, which don't do anything when pressed
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

LOL that sucks.

Are you learning any of it yet?
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Oh, thank God my response didn't cause a ruckus. Whenever I get outspoken on other forums, it turns into a scene from Bloodsport.
N0t_mINe wrote:@BEAST : lol, no, if I had a degree I would certainly have more money.
You're still damn well impressively learned, good sir.
Friends, we know from the Podesta emails that Trump was literally chosen by the DNC and the Clinton campaign based on his weakness against Clinton. Think about that for a moment, would you have felt the way you did, for or against Trump, If a willing media hadn't Colluded with the DNC?
I didn't know that. I'll have to verify that claim just to be sure.
Your President elect, hate him or love him, is a dummy plug candidate. His entire drone like purpose is to provide the legitimacy of a fairly fought election to someone who probably couldn't win such an election on her own.

BEAST, Vgames, why does this not disgust you?
Believe me, I'm disgusted with my American system and fellow Americans. I'm not sure that Americans are very good at being organized for conspiracies like this. I do think that the followers for the new President Elect are scarier than the guy himself, and that they're going to amplify the mistakes he makes.
So that's it. Our nation, with all her faults, has embraced total evil to maintain power in the world. Is this worth killing for? Is this worth dying for? And yet others, who gave up on this country long ago, have decided in our names that it is worth killing and dying for.
In that case, we call on Dr. Strangelove. He'll see to it that we survive in the mine shafts.
VGames wrote: Now the left won't be so far left, Bernie/Hillary. The dems now know people want right wing policies. They'll have to adapt if they ever want a chance in office again. This benefits us all as a country for our future elections. [...] This may all be a way to calm the liberal storm going on in the country. Give him 6 months then we can tear him a new one if he's failing. Agreed?
Mmmm.... maybe. If you think that that Bernie/Hillary/Obama were far left, then you haven't known far left people personally. They tend to be more radical than the mainstream Dems and Libs, and they try to fight for causes which they feel are ignored by the Dems and Libs. There's a whole spectrum of far leftism out there that goes beyond the secret agents of SMERSH mentality, and they try to appeal to more varieties of people than a select few. Keep in mind, I'm talking about activists and thinkers who do try to make an effort without resorting to violence, not Soviets or Khmer Rouge. It's a very complicated subject, especially for me, so I don't think I can explain how far leftists all operate very well.

Anyway, I don't think U.S. can withstand a purely right-wing society. If it did, Blood and the rest of our favorite games would be banned. Such a society might operate like a combination of the Cardassian and Ferengi societies. Our society is still pretty Liberal: it's just that the more reactionary factions want more freedom and rights for themselves than for everyone else, kind of like the Puritans. Liberalism is what enables us to discuss our beliefs without fear of government punishment or of being ganged upon by people who disagree with you. It won't benefit the Repubs to persecute everyone who is foreign or on welfare, unless you want a repeat of the Anti-Alien and Sedition Acts.
Last edited by BEAST on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Let's just give it some time. No need to slander a man who's already being slandered by crazies.

Where did you see this email content saying Trump was selected by the DNC? Sounds bogus.

Who did you guys vote for anyways?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

BEAST wrote:If you think that that Bernie/Hillary/Obama were far left, then you haven't known far left people personally.
Oh, he has in a way, and on this very forum. I just do not tend to wade too far into these kinds of highly politicized threads on gaming websites.

But I can not help but laugh at the suggestion that Hillary Rodham Clinton is in anyway associated with the far left. Even Senator Sanders is only as far left as someone like Franklin Delano Roosevelt was in most respects. As for Hillary, she is an old fashioned Republican.

About the only other thing I am going to add is that I am quite glad that I got my calves sold before the US election results. That leaked memo about renegotiating softwood lumber and livestock in NAFTA has already started to spook the horses. Strange thing is I am actually in favour of renegotiating and repealing a lot of trade liberalization, but it does tend to upset the markets.
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Tchernobog wrote:
BEAST wrote:If you think that that Bernie/Hillary/Obama were far left, then you haven't known far left people personally.
Oh, he has in a way, and on this very forum. I just do not tend to wade too far into these kinds of highly politicized threads on gaming websites.
Glad to know you, comrade! :)
But I can not help but laugh at the suggestion that Hillary Rodham Clinton is in anyway associated with the far left. Even Senator Sanders is only as far left as someone like Franklin Delano Roosevelt was in most respects. As for Hillary, she is an old fashioned Republican.
Yeah, the people here in the U.S. kind of have a hard time distinguishing far left from moderate left, especially the reactionaries. No matter how moderate or diplomatic a liberal politician is, the devout Repubs and Cons are ready to call that politician Ho Chi Minh just for introducing the slightest reform.
Who did you guys vote for anyways?
I voted Democrat. Not that it matters, nor does it make any difference in this discussion. Just don't be too proud and righteous about it.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Best I could do for a link was wiki leaks Twitter feed

https://t.co/DAmWNqrkRN

Very few non alt right sites covered this, or I couldn't find write ups for the story except for places like Newsmax or antiwar news etc. Although other wiki leaks releases were covered thoroughly.