Been a little quiet around here

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Been a little quiet around here

Post by Tchernobog »

So what has everyone been up to lately?

As for myself, I have spent the past few weeks fencing, weeding, gardening, voting, laughing, and playing through both Shadow Warriors as well as Hotline Miami.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Re: Been a little quiet around here

Post by N0t_mINe »

It has been a little quiet of late tcherno. I spend most of my internet time flitting between various doom sites or reading news stories. I hope you'll be kind enough to send some of those recently elected politicians down state side. We could use some of the more foward thinking types.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

I was fixing to make a thread just like this. I've felt the quiet too. Been busy playing games and working on my Doom 3 mod. Not as much as I've been wanting but I try to get on it as much as possible. For some reason Battlefield 4 has really come back strong lately. And my PS4 has been active as well. Hope u are all doing well.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

N0t_mINe wrote:I hope you'll be kind enough to send some of those recently elected politicians down state side. We could use some of the more foward thinking types.
So it has been getting at least some news coverage south of the border then. I just learned that my polling place also went NDP in a big way and not just my district, meaning that I do not need to worry too much about getting lynched by any of my neighbours. Everything is coming up orange around here. As for sending politicians, that is something that the old PC administration had been doing for years and something which I personally would be very happy to see the back of. Just be glad that we should hopefully stop trolling you lot from now on.
VGames wrote:I was fixing to make a thread just like this. I've felt the quiet too. Been busy playing games and working on my Doom 3 mod. Not as much as I've been wanting but I try to get on it as much as possible.
I should really get around to trying that out at some point. Getting rid of the stamina bar is something I have wanted from Doom 3 for a longtime.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Yeah I can't play doom 3 without my mod. I've been able to add so much with the help of others it's a whole different experience. Can't wait to release the next version. It will be my last. Can't wait to end this 11 year project.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

VGames wrote:Yeah I can't play doom 3 without my mod. I've been able to add so much with the help of others it's a whole different experience. Can't wait to release the next version. It will be my last. Can't wait to end this 11 year project.
Anything specific I should wait for before jumping in?
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

No man go ahead and play the last release. The next release will add a few more nice features but all in all its gonna polish things up and finish off the mod. What's in it now is great. But it does make the game much more difficult. That's a common gripe I hear about it from users. But that was my intention. The game was a survival horror game and yet I never died when I first played through it for the first time on normal difficulty. I wanted it harder like most survival horror games which is what is was designed after gameplay wise. It will test your skills.

By the way it only works with the original retail version of Doom 3. Not the BFG edition.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

I recently lost my home and I am forced to live with family. All my PC related things and games are packed away in bags in the basement so re-forming my computer desk will have to wait for now. That also includes Blood playing sadly but oh well.
VGames wrote:No man go ahead and play the last release. The next release will add a few more nice features but all in all its gonna polish things up and finish off the mod. What's in it now is great. But it does make the game much more difficult. That's a common gripe I hear about it from users. But that was my intention. The game was a survival horror game and yet I never died when I first played through it for the first time on normal difficulty. I wanted it harder like most survival horror games which is what is was designed after gameplay wise. It will test your skills.

By the way it only works with the original retail version of Doom 3. Not the BFG edition.
When I played Doom 3, it lagged like hell due to my having a crap graphics card. But I did like it and the horror atmosphere didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. Lots of people disliked the creepy music and wished for the rapid pace rock and metal tracks from Doom 1/2. Ambient music works quite well in the series if the game is designed in a way to support it as seen in PSX Doom and Doom 64.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

dosgamer000 wrote:I recently lost my home and I am forced to live with family. All my PC related things and games are packed away in bags in the basement so re-forming my computer desk will have to wait for now. That also includes Blood playing sadly but oh well.
I think dosgamer000 has just won the forum's "had shi***** month" award hands down. :(

Returning to more pleasant things, I have just finished playing Hotline Miami. That game really starts to wear you down after awhile.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

So I have been working at the bee farm, hatching chicks, fixing my lawn mower, surviving the drought, sweating the heat, and occasionally playing through the new Shadow Warrior again in the few times when doing so would not be conducive to causing my GPU to melt.

How about you chaps? :drinkblood:

EDIT: Not kidding about that drought...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.3151323
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Been working hard on my Doom 3 mod. Rebalancing of the difficulty and adding so many new features and maps to the game have been high on my priority list. On top of that trying to get coop support is a huge feature I'm trying to get included. Adding features from the ROE expansion to standalone Doom 3 and just making the game as freaking awesome as possible is my sole mission at this point.

Oh yeah tried to get into Bloodborne on my PS4. Very boring game. I like hard games. My Doom 3 mod doubles the difficulty. So I don't lie about this. But Bloodborne is plain repetitive and boring. Overrated.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Currently going ape sh*t over the Pluto fly-by.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

So now I think I may need to get a new program to run Flash stuff because Adobe Flash is full of bugs. Problem is, I just don't know what.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

dosgamer000 wrote:So now I think I may need to get a new program to run Flash stuff because Adobe Flash is full of bugs. Problem is, I just don't know what.
I am not quite sure what your needs are exactly, but outside Adobe's offering I can only think of two reverse engineered alternatives:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnash
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightspark

Both are free software in the truest sense of the word, but both will be missing features.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Tchernobog wrote:
dosgamer000 wrote:So now I think I may need to get a new program to run Flash stuff because Adobe Flash is full of bugs. Problem is, I just don't know what.
I am not quite sure what your needs are exactly, but outside Adobe's offering I can only think of two reverse engineered alternatives:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnash
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightspark

Both are free software in the truest sense of the word, but both will be missing features.
Very interesting, I thank you kindly for informing me of them. Mainly, my interest in software outside of Adobe Flash suddenly stemmed from the talk that it has plenty of holes in the programming and such. It could be all hyped paranoia but if I do need to move on to something else it's nice to know I have plenty of other options.