Been a little quiet around here

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: Been a little quiet around here

Post by Tchernobog »

So I have been getting my calves sold and shipped, still doing some work at the bee farm, getting my garden harvested, rebuilding my computer, getting ready for winter, carrying a shotgun, and defending democracy. Well, working as a poll clerk during the advanced polls at any rate. And tonight I am going to be tallying votes.

How about you chaps?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Tchernobog wrote:So I have been getting my calves sold and shipped, still doing some work at the bee farm, getting my garden harvested, rebuilding my computer, getting ready for winter, carrying a shotgun, and defending democracy. Well, working as a poll clerk during the advanced polls at any rate. And tonight I am going to be tallying votes.

How about you chaps?
Ha, I heard about the Canadian elections. I hope everything goes well in that regard. The news I'm reading out of Syria has me captivated, don't f**k with the Russians! I'm slowly getting my gaming grove back after moving in Sept.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Working on my Doom 3 mod. Trying to get a release in December. So excited for version 7. Working, going to church and getting more involved, family time. The norm. Hope you're move was good Not_mine. U guys played any new games. I'm currently playing through Batman Arkham Knight. Freaking awesome game.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Err, Tcherno, you're not, you know, thinking about adding in a new cash crop are you?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

N0t_mINe wrote:Err, Tcherno, you're not, you know, thinking about adding in a new cash crop are you?
We don't do crops actually, but if you mean something with a little more potency than a maple leaf, we could have probably placed a few plants in the tower field we surround for years and not have been noticed. CN has not mowed it in almost a decade.

As for the election itself, I could not express a partisan opinion until after the results were announced as I was a poll worker, but let's just say I met them with a substantial amount of ambivalance. :shrug:

And I do really need to get back into gaming. Getting half way through CLARC in about two months is not much of an accomplishment.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

And now I am playing Little Inferno. If I get any more casual my Quake bits might just fall off.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

I've been on various other websites talking to people over the weeks. Somehow I am trying to make dead game communities more popular again or simply just spark up a new conversation. My efforts have also yielded some fan-art being made for those games so I am happy with the small but meaningful results. Met someone who was as passionate about this one old game as me and equally frustrated at it's unpopularity. As ever my folders of archived fan content over the years grow little by little.

EDIT: A problem has occurred. My HP laptop's cooling fan malfunctioned and now it will overheat/shut off if I don't get it fixed. I am poor as hell as you already know so this presents a problem. :mad:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

So I got stung on the nose at work on Thursday. How about you fine chaps? :drinkblood:
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

It's all mosquitos down here Tchern, and I get to walk through clouds of them nightly at work. Zika is a type of car right?
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Mmm Mmm

Tasty Zika.

Pretty quiet around Texas.

My Doom 3 mod is doing great. Got people making addons for it. As far as popularity goes for Doom 3 mods at ModDB, Perfected Doom 3 is usually in the top 3, mostly first, and for all time popularity its 3rd place. Behind 2 monster hits. The Dark Mod takes 1st and Sikkmod takes 2nd. I'm cool with that because I owe a lot to those mods for resources. PD3 is a success.

My Gungrave mod for Max Payne 2 is going well. I'm learning how to map for it so that's like the last thing I need to learn as far as Max Payne 2 modding goes. So everything is looking up in my small world of modding.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

I got bit by a White Tiger mosquito but I did not get that Zika virus. Not really doing much of anything anymore actually. Tried my hand at drawing again and I ended up crumpling the paper/throwing it. Using a few other websites in any attempt to find enjoyment but they are more of a strain than anything.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

@dosgamer000

Would you know it if you had zika? It's a largely symptom free disease.
Also, we've got to stop playing Doom. It's numbing our gaming senses.
It's the abstractiveness you know, poisons the mind.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

N0t_mINe wrote:@dosgamer000

Would you know it if you had zika? It's a largely symptom free disease.
Also, we've got to stop playing Doom. It's numbing our gaming senses.
It's the abstractiveness you know, poisons the mind.
Alright take this guy out back and shoot him. :guns:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

A beekeeper in North Carolina lost all his hives because the county got paranoid about Zika and started aerial spraying mosquitoes.

Please keep your fears down to the point you do not end up destroying my meal ticket, thank you very much. :P
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

As long as the illegals keep flooding in from the south with all their diseases this will continue. Thank you Obama.