It came from outer space!

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

N0t_mINe
Acolyte

It came from outer space!

Post by N0t_mINe »

A newly discovered microscopic ball could have been sent to earth by an alien civilization in an attempt to start new life, a British scientist has claimed.

The mysterious metal sphere has been photographed spewing out a biological substance, which scientists believe could be genetic material.

It was discovered by a team of researchers at the University of Sheffield and the University of Buckingham Centre for Astrobiology.

While several theories on the tiny ball’s origins have been volunteered, the most intriguing sound like pure science fiction.

They include the idea it was sent here by aliens with the intention of propagating life on earth, a scientific theory known as “directed panspermia.”

Notable scientists to advocate this idea include astrophysicist Carl Sagan and Nobel laureate Francis Crick, who co-discovered the structure of DNA.

Professor Milton Wainwright, who led the team, described the orb as “a ball about the width of a human hair, which has filamentous life on the outside and a gooey biological material oozing from its center.”

Speaking to the Daily Express, Wainwright said: “We were stunned when X-ray analysis showed that the sphere is made up mainly of titanium, with a trace of vanadium.”

“One theory is it was sent to earth by some unknown civilization in order to continue seeding the planet with life.”

“Unless of course we can find details of the civilization that is supposed to have sent it in this respect it is probably an unprovable theory,” he added.

http://rt.com/uk/233507-metal-ball-alien-seed/
VGames
Acolyte

Re: It came from outer space!

Post by VGames »

Crazy stuff but probably lies. Who knows. Interesting either way. If it would have hit a person I wonder what that stuff would have done to them.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Almost certainly a set up for an April fool's joke. Really not sure how titanium is supposed to survive reentry, never mind the DNA goo. Discovery mag does some pretty elaborate gags every 4/1, dunno about RT.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

It's Obama.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

He wouldn't fit.