What are you doing for your other half on Valentines day?

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

What are you doing for your other half on Valentines day?

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Just curious, seeing what others are up to. Me and my girl are just going to have a nice day at home. And then catch a movie that night.

I got here a little stuffed monkey (she loves cartoon monkeys), and a dozen roses. I went shopping but almost had an anxiety attack in the damn store. Social anxiety is a real bitch at the holidays. :wink:

We're celebrating it tomorrow cause we both work Monday.

What are you guys gonna do?
Number II
Fanatic

Post by Number II »

I don't even know what date Valentine's Day is. Well, it isn't gonna be any different from any other day.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

which other half? :)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I have to keep telling myself that Valentines is a good thing. It's the #1 break-up day of the year. Call me opportunistic, but at least in a post valentine's day environment, some bat s*** crazy bitch may actually think I may be worthy of her time. That is until summer, when she'll be tired of me and decide her ex-beau really was a better choice after all..

I'm not jaded... :roll:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Girls p*** me off. But hey, I can't generalize. To be specific, my newly-ex-girlfriend p*** me off. But hey, I can't obsess! There is this cute girl in my chorus class (I AM in college :p), who seems to be very, well, "for-real," she seems cool, and musical! She seems to be single too... :D Seeing as how she acts the way she does, I am going out on a limb. I don't even have her phone number yet, but I am going to show up and give her a rose, maybe a little card with some peotic crap that I am so terribly great at. :) lol, I hope I am good at poetry...
-Slink

P.S. Cool to see such an off topic thread. Heh...
Remember that quote, "Mmm, single white female?" :)
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

My girlfriend is Blood.

and the biggest loser of the forum prize goes to . . .
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Re: What are you doing for your other half on Valentines day

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Damien_Azreal wrote: I got here a little stuffed monkey (she loves cartoon monkeys), and a dozen roses. I went shopping but almost had an anxiety attack in the damn store. Social anxiety is a real bitch at the holidays. :wink:
You almost had an anxiety attack whilst purchasing a little stuffed monkey and a dozen roses? Or were you perhaps trying to purchase something else for her... lol. Oh well, it's good to know some of us make an effort on Valentine's Day.

Unfortunately, my chill time is more important to me than Valentines. This week has been the first week of a new semester, so I've been busy working around a pending timetable which has left me feeling rushed and disorientated.

I don't think I would make a great boyfriend right now. Still, that doesn't mean I don't want to be one... *sighs*
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

well

me and my gf who lives with me right now for like what, a year and a half, probably will sit at home and maybe playing couple of duels in q3, ut2k3/2k4 or maybe good 'ol warcraft 2 bne if i will manage to run this f*** in win xp.... dumb game sees ipx protocol but refuses to play thru it...

or maybe if i'll set "oldgames" pc in time i'll show her blood in its full glory... ;) heh
Number II
Fanatic

Post by Number II »

Ðædalu§ Ðeathmask wrote:My girlfriend is Blood.

and the biggest loser of the forum prize goes to . . .
Loser?

We'll all be winners...
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

You almost had an anxiety attack whilst purchasing a little stuffed monkey and a dozen roses? Or were you perhaps trying to purchase something else for her... lol.
Just being in the store, it was packed, people were literally shoulder ot shoulder.

I can't handle groups... I kindof loose it.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

yeah crowds... they make you wanna throw a tnt bundle at 'em... ;)
Number II
Fanatic

Post by Number II »

I wonder if people blown up by TNT in reality will yield three eyeballs each, lying on the floor, as in Blood?
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

Absolutely! That 3rd eye comes from the back of the skull, in most cases not yet fully developed to become the eyes in the back of ones head....

I told myself I wasn't going to say anything about 'that day', but I can see that I'm not alone in my spite. Not that there's much I can do; being a disabled pensioner kinda gets in the way of making friends and getting out and being sociable. But I know my time will come. At least it gives me time to work on these game projects - now I couldn't do that if I had friends :P
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Gila wrote:yeah crowds... they make you wanna throw a tnt bundle at 'em... ;)
... Paint the town red... :twisted:
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

This was a wonderful thread.