Windows 7 Release Date Announced

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ransu
Cheetah

Windows 7 Release Date Announced

Post by Ransu »

As many of you may have done, I downloaded the Windows 7 beta(64-bit version) and tried it out on a separate partition of my hard drive. I love how much faster it is compared to XP and Vista. :D Anyways, I got an e-mail from Microsoft about the downloads ending date AND the release date!
Windows 7 Release Candidate

Notice: Downloads will end August 20

Thanks for all your help building Windows 7. We are on our way to the last big milestone: Release to Manufacturing. Starting on October 22, you’ll see it on PCs and store shelves. As we gear up for that, it’s time to wind down the Release Candidate testing program.

If you or a friend needs a download, you’ve got time. We’ll continue to offer the RC download until August 20, 2009. After that, you won’t be able to get the download, but if you have the bits, you can still install the RC and get a key if you need one. (To get a key, just go to the Downloads page and follow the instructions.)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

We have a copy of the RTM at work now. I think I'll try migrating over to that ASAP. GPOs and AD get kinda wonky in XP.