Update on: the new computer I'm getting

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ransu
Cheetah

Update on: the new computer I'm getting

Post by Ransu »

Yeah I still haven't gotten the new computer that my friend, RADRaze2KX, made a whish list for. But I got my parents to agree on buying it for me for Christmas. I went to my e-mail where the whish list was. I looked at the list and some parts were missing. I talked to Raze on Xfire and told him the price range that my parents said. He fixed up the list with some even better parts. I'm not really looking for some super computer. Just enough to play more than I could before.

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wi ... ing+System
Last edited by Ransu on Sun Dec 02, 2007 01:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

If you not getting 8800GT (which is slightly better than 8800GTS) stick to 8600GTS or save 70 bucks on 8600GT to get bad graphics in newer games.
E6550 instead of E4500, if your motherboard supports it. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819115030
More RAM.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

You ought to tell me how or why the 8600 GT is better than the 8600 GTS.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Darn, another friend of mine showed me a video card comparison between them but he forgot to put a 512 mb GTS on there. So yeah, GTS actually is better. Nevermind about wanting the GT. Edited first post.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

The GT is a better card, even with less v-ram it's still a faster card. Going with the GTS just because it has more v-ram wouldn't be the best move.

The GT model out performs the GTS easily, and in some cases comes VERY close to matching the GTX in speed.

And newer models of the GT will have a larger fan on the heatsink, so they run cooler.
Goldrick
Axe Zombie

Post by Goldrick »

That's a pretty good set up, I wish I could get a PC spec like that for £278.64. Even with componant parts i'd be looking at 5 -600 pounds for a fresh PC (good thing i'll only need to upgrade the motherboard and processor) :D .

But you should seriously go for another Gig of RAM, you'll be set for the next couple of years then.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Damien_Azreal wrote:The GT is a better card, even with less v-ram it's still a faster card. Going with the GTS just because it has more v-ram wouldn't be the best move.

The GT model out performs the GTS easily, and in some cases comes VERY close to matching the GTX in speed.

And newer models of the GT will have a larger fan on the heatsink, so they run cooler.
He chose 8600 series in which GTS is sufficiently higher priced and performs better than GT, that's what I was pointing to. 8800's are different thing.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Ahhh.... 8600 is a completely different story. But, why go with the 8600 at all? My 7950 is faster than a 8600.
Only difference is DX10 support... which you won't get very good DX10 support with a 8600 card.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Well, it's kinda too late now since I have the computer all built and I've been using it since last month. It works just fine. You can see the specs in my Xfire profile which is in my signature. I probably won't be changing the graphics card for a long time.