too bad

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Post by Phosphoric Acid »

Caleb --2nd wrote:someone lock this topic if he can
That, or move it to the general section (which i'm sure everyone will prefer).
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Caleb --2nd wrote:i'm now tell of some friends of mine to join here and support this forum
topic locked.
But why? You were rolling so well on your own.
Phosphoric Acid wrote:That, or move it to the general section (which i'm sure everyone will prefer).
Yes, I'll do that.
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

do what you want with this (:
i dont see the point of keeping it
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

Ra_Ra_Gazaa wrote:
oBe wrote: Rara, you're not exactly going on topic here yourself. No harm done, as I kindly direct you to the OP on page1
I'm perfectly on topic. The forum is not "too dead" or indeed dead. End of story.

The "ragdoll" stuff is another topic and, I think, should've been brought up by Caleb --2nd if or when he was ready to present that stuff.

No need to start "correcting" here.

But hey, if you think you're right, then have fun with the rest of the topic. Don't let me stop you.

:phantasm:

Well, I'm also referring to your statements revolving around Dimebog's ego, the shame to "the world", and the threadlocking.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Caleb --2nd wrote:sorry Dimebog you were right.
Thanks for the apology. That would have saved us allot of time and save me from lots of bashing I suffered here.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Caleb --2nd you should be proud of yourself. 5 pages in 2days. :)
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

4 of them was kinda my Bu l Sh it :evillaugh:
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Caleb -2nd,

I try not to lock threads unless they get really nasty or if I'm feeling in a bad mood. Though I'm thinking about locking really old threads, as the people that started them might not be around anymore.

I'll delete threads that
Have warez links
-or-
Bash new users

I would have locked this one earlier, but it had developed into something interesting by the time I noticed it, and you rolled well with it, so I'll let it stand.
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

I'm glad it hasn't been locked, its brought most of the community together (even if it is in the wrong way), I mean it’s been a while since we've seen any thread expand this much in so little time, naturally this forum is pretty quiet, but we've proved that it’s not always the case. It just goes to show that threads like these tend to attract more, maybe there should be some type of sticky thread that allows users to post about almost anything (besides spam of course), or this could be 'that' thread...
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Like Posty's junk bin? Maybe, though it'd be nice if we'd actually focus more on getting Transfusion working right.

The general Blood and "other" type forums are nice, but these forums were started as an aide to development, they've since spawned life of their own, which in some ways detract from the initial TFn development purposes.
Yes, I know... I'm a killjoy.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

just how many team members have stuck around and are currently working on things in each department? It feels like there are as little as 4 of you working on it whenever the mood strikes. You just don't see much about updates or news anymore is all.
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

DustyStyx wrote:Like Posty's junk bin?
Something like that, yeah. Well generally there’s nothing stopping you (and other members of the team) from still contributing to TFn's development, the forums seem to have aided in ways, I mean you've gotten your opinions and such on what could be improved with certain bits and bobs, so it’s not all been in vain. I wouldn't see the problem in just the one sticky, heck it could bring more people in and perhaps more volunteers for transfusion, I’m not sure how, but you never know I guess.
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

if this topic is going places
its desirable to keep it open for any good reason...
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Wangho, yes, you're about right. Technically there are about 7 who at any time might actually have something to show. Willis, Kazashi, Predator, Slink, Boss429, oBe and myself.

Unfortunatly, there have been those pesky "real life" things that crop up.
Willis is working 2 jobs,
Kazashi is taking classes in college (he's going to weld up that mechanical Tchernobog anima-tron they had in Blood2, I just know it!)
oBe had that RATM gig going on, and he just finished up school, and was working for a graphic design gig.
Boss... well I've not seen Boss429 around for a while, last I heard he was working on a Havoc mod for Q2
Predator got married
I dont know what Slink is up to.
And as for myself, I got married as well and all my stuff got packed away. Skinning on a Laptop kinda sucks. Not to mention my wife is finishing up nursing school just now and needs a lot of support.

I think the biggest killjoy was when we were able to get Bloodbath working over Hamachi with DOSBox. If you play Transfusion and Blood back to back, you really, really, really get an idea of how far things are away from being what they ought to be.

The maps and HUD and the various models we've done all do well to start to make things look right, but the gameplay itself is night and day.

I'd say, well maybe we could do a Q3A remake of it and use the UnLagged mod to smooth over the gameplay online. I think I would much rather have better game-play than eye-candy.

Unfortunatly, we tried switching engines a ways back and it never got very far. True most of the maps have been converted to the Q3BSP, and most of the models are MD3, but I really don't know the full extent of a port would be.

Of course those are all excuses. I don't think Transfusion development would just stop, but I'm really not sure how long it will be befor it picks up again.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

I have no doubt that the worst thing that our game suffers from is the netcode. For some people it's just unplayable, to many others it's just annoying. In any case it just discourages people from playing online and if people don't play they lose interest in the project.
I really think the most important thing is to make it a lot more playable over the internet. Right now we're still polishing a multiplayer-only version, good gameplay over the net is crucial. Nice models, cool skins and good looking maps won't count for much if people will lag badly.
And that's how it is now. The game plays nicely on lan, I had some great battles with my friends when they visited me, but over the internet...

I really think that's the priority now.

As for me - yes, like Cruaich said, real life doesn't leave much time to work on this project. Family, work, other duties. But I keep working on TF. I haven't stopped. This zombie is not dead yet. :evillaugh: