wierd ghost window

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

boss429
Cabal member

wierd ghost window

Post by boss429 »

Ok this problem has been bugging me for a long time, and I don't know where to go to get assistance.
I've got Windows 2000 and a GeForce 7300GS.
When I launch OpenGL applications in a window I get this wierd flashing ghost of the last window. It always appears in the upper left corner of the screen.
It happens in DarkPlaces only when I run it in a window, in full screen its fine.
It happens in 3ds Max 8 only when I use the OpenGL plugin, with the DirectX plugin it doesn't happen. (But I like the way OGL handles textures in MAX)

I've got the latest version of Nvidia's drivers.
Can anybody point me in the right direction to getting this fixed?
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Have you searched for problems involving either a combo of your mobo and gfx card, or your gfx card and Win2k? -Slink
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

I'd firstly suggest downloading a copy of DriverClearner Pro then rebooting and reinstalling your video card drivers and see where it goes from there.
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

Willis wrote:I'd firstly suggest downloading a copy of DriverClearner Pro then rebooting and reinstalling your video card drivers and see where it goes from there.
Ok I installed Driver Cleaner Pro, and then uninstalled nvidia drivers, then I ran Driver Cleaner Pro and cleaned nVidia and nVidia Chipset. Then I rebooted and installed nVidia's drivers. Rebooted again and the problem is still there.

I've tried looking online for this but I don't know what to call the "ghost window" thing.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

If I knew what mobo you have, I'd search for you. :) You should just look for: yourmobo "geforce 7300" problem

You can call strange appearances on the screen "artifacts," but that typically refers to random glitches as a result of hardware failure. Sounds like what you have is actually a driver or incompatibility problem. Good luck!

You might try reinstalling OpenGL and DirectX. :)

-Slink
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

I suggest rolling back the DirectX and see what happens. This sounds like a conflict between DX and GL instructions. I don't suppose you ever installed GLUT? If you ever tried implementing any of the old OGL SDK, there is a huge chance that there is a conflict between the new directX and OGL instructions.