Noob alert!

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

gorkur
Axe Zombie

Noob alert!

Post by gorkur »

Hello all!

I am new here, and didn't find an introduction topic so I decided to make my own.

Anyhouse, I am an Icelandic gamer/heavy metal fan/drunk. I never got a chance to play the original Blood back in the day, except for a few deathmatch sessions with school mates while I should've been studying :lol:

I have played Blood II quite extensively, mostly because I simply LOVE Caleb 8)

Some background info:

Blood born and bred Icelander and have existed in this world since 1981. I've been a gamer since the tender age of five, which is when I got my C64, which still sits on my desk next to the PC I'm typing this on. Didn't get my own PC before 1994 and my first real gaming experience on the PC platform was DooM II :guns:

Since then I've had quite a few PC's and consoles, but my ultimate fav gaming platform has always been my trusty Commodore 64.

My interrest in re-visiting Caleb and his.. erm.. "pals" was rekindled the other day when I stumbled upon an entry about the game in Wikipedia. I just had to find out if the game was still being kept alive and if there was an active community around it. Seems I've finally found it :)

Anyways, enough of my rambling, I'm going to read through a bunch of topics to get to know the vibe around here and hopefully I will find the time to become an active member.

Keep the Blood flowing :guns:
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Post by Phosphoric Acid »

Hello and welcome gorkur, that’s quite some introduction, it's pleasing to see that there are still some blood lovers out there journeying through cyberspace to contact other blood players, it's what keeps places like these going, I hope you enjoy your stay here, a majority of people are friendly and then there’s always the one jerk, but they are easily ignored. I've not been here for so long myself but from what I’ve experienced it’s a nice place.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Yeah this Forum is very Cool as is the Postmortem Forum thats also linked in with here.

First of Welcome nice to have another Bloodite around, check out the general Blood sticky
topics for a detailed and VERY usefull system for getting Blood 1 going on an XP
machine (or in fact most modern pc's) if you like Blood 2 then you have a huge treat
waiting for you in the original.

And secondly as Phosphoric says this is a friendly place....ish :twisted: think of it like
Blood a bit dark but fun :)
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Welcome gorkur!
Phosphoric Acid wrote:a majority of people are friendly and then there’s always the one jerk, but they are easily ignored.
You allways have to mention me? ;]
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

He wasn't talking about you, a$$hole. ;) Heh, just kiddin. He wasn't talking about "Slink, the D!ck" either... Nay, there is one yet far greater than you or I. He hath thwarted the nuts of all at one point or another. -Slink
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

"Thwarted the nuts"
lol :lol: lol
gorkur
Axe Zombie

Post by gorkur »

Hehehehe :lol:

I think I'll like it here 8)

Looked at some of these topics, and now I feel the urge to boot into Windows and shoot some cultists :shooting:
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Excellent!

Also just out of interest, as you say you're a heavy metal fan, what type of bands are you interested in?
gorkur
Axe Zombie

Post by gorkur »

Phosphoric Acid wrote:Excellent!

Also just out of interest, as you say you're a heavy metal fan, what type of bands are you interested in?
I'll give anything a chance that is not noise. Fave bands include Iron Maiden, Manowar, Falconer, Annihilator...

I really do not like Norwegian Black Metal, except maybe for Immortal's stuff after At The Heart Of Winter, but they're somewhat rejected by the BM crowd. I do, however, like the Finnish folk-metal scene, with bands like Ensiferum, Korpiklaani and Finntroll.

I don't like Nu-Metal, except maybe for Disturbed, but I do enjoy some "Industrial" groups like NiN, Rob Zombie and Ministry every now and then.

I've also worked a bit with this Icelandic metal group called Silent Rivers, as in general crew stuff. You can hear some of their music on http://www.myspace.com/silentrivers [/shameless plug] ;)
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Same here, I give most music genres a chance; besides R&B I really can't stand that. Most of the bands you've listed I’ve only heard of by name, I’ve never really given them a listen to, besides Iron Maiden, Disturbed and NIN.

I like a mixture of metal and rock, from the alternatives to the melodic. A band I’m loving right now is Deadlock, The riffs and solos are excellent, they have a MySpace page with sample music if you want to check them out, they maybe down your street.

Also the band you're working with, Silent Rivers, they're actually really good, I quite like the song 'Son Of A Tough Guy', has a great rhythm attached.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

I had to say that "Son Of A Tough Guy" sounds great... First half of it, at least. I wish the solo was more "elaborate" with some fast passages and arpeggios, and after that maybe the rhytm could have gone to a faster, and riffs to a more frantic progression. But all in all - excellent idea.

EDIT: "No Man's Land" also sounds great, but I'd still like to hear a fast and frantic solo! I'd play "Davey Jones' Locker" a bit faster. Maybe twice. It is very Slayerish but with those minor power metal progs. Really nice. I like this band!
gorkur
Axe Zombie

Post by gorkur »

Well, these recordings are pretty old and the songs will be alot faster on the upcoming album :guns:

@Phosphoric Acid: You should check out these bands I mentioned. I bet you'll like 'em all ;)
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

I think I shall, I’m all up for more bands being added into my collection.
Doomshadow
Axe Zombie

Post by Doomshadow »

Greetings!