Interesting....

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Interesting....

Post by Phosphoric Acid »

Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Oh right...

Sometimes it's a good thing that many Youtube videos run so slow on my computer.

:phantasm:
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Slow? Darn it. Well, hopefully it'll surprise other viewers. Those K-Fee adverts are something else, always making some people who watch it energetic.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Pff. If anyone tried that here they'd get sued.

That said, I didn't see it coming and it STILL wasn't that bad.
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Phosphoric Acid wrote:Slow? Darn it. Well, hopefully it'll surprise other viewers. Those K-Fee adverts are something else, always making some people who watch it energetic.
Didn't we have similar adverts here in England? It wasn't these, was it?

Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Ra_Ra_Gazaa wrote:Didn't we have similar adverts here in England? It wasn't these, was it?
Hmm, not too sure, is there an advert that you slightly remember at all? This and the other adverts however were only released in Germany, mostly because it’s a German company who released the energy drink K-Fee, I think though it got taken off air due to many complaints. There are more adverts just like this produced by K-Fee.
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Phosphoric Acid wrote:
Ra_Ra_Gazaa wrote:Didn't we have similar adverts here in England? It wasn't these, was it?
Hmm, not too sure, is there an advert that you slightly remember at all?
Yes, I remember an advert that had the same idea, except it was filmed in the countryside, focused mainly on a car driving along a long road to the sound of chirpy-ish music. It had the same/similar ending. I'm also pretty sure I saw it on TV.

EDIT: Found it. I'm pretty sure this was shown on British TV at one time. I'm guessing during the ad break in between Emmerdale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7fTeT3g1AA

Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

The ad got shown on ITV?

I have seen this advertisement before, but only on the internet, my sisters mentioned seeing it on television at one time but couldn't remember if it was within a program or was an actual ad between shows. That advert you've shown is considered the most popular K-Fee clip.
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Yes, I believe it was shown on TV, as Wikipedia (aka the oracle of knowledge/the most reliable internet source in the wurld) says it had been translated into English.

Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Heh, Wikipedia ey? Never thought to look on there for K-Fee and their advertisements, they document almost everything on that site. On a similar subject though, I think it’s believed that these K-Fee adverts were inspired by winterrowds lil gems, such as the maze game here.

I'm not certain that’s true though, I only read it from certain places.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

it's called a shocker
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

leileilol wrote:it's called a shocker
And this was the first one created i believe.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Wonderful! It seems the Wiki trail I just got done following through K-Fee to shockers wasn't JUST my idea. >>

I also came across something called The Red Room, which seems VERY cool had I not already read what happens since I can't understand Japanese.
Phosphoric Acid
Quixotic

Necrosis my friend, what is this 'The Red Room'? i don't believe i've come across it before.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

It's a japanese horror flash about a pop-up that kills you if you close it, and apparently is often misinterpreted as a screamer. Wikipedia has a summary.